Limited tickets remain for museum's prom night mystery eventA limited number of tickets still remain for either night of the next Putnam County Museum murder mystery event, "A Totally Rad Murder at the '80s Prom." It is planned for two separate nights --...
Construction flagger struck by impaired driver on U.S. 231 south4A construction flagger was critically injured Thursday evening when he was hit by an alleged impaired driver on U.S. 231, south of Greencastle. At 7:16 p.m., the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department...
Splash park now due to open Saturday, same day as city poolThe Greencastle Parks and Recreation Department expects the Bob York Splash Park in Robe-Ann Park to open Saturday (May 26), the same day as the Greencastle Aquatic Center kicks off the summer...
County may purchase new oxygen system2In attendance at the Monday meeting of the Putnam County Commissioners to recognize National Emergency Medical Services Week, Operation Life Director E.J. Claflin also presented the Putnam County...
- Defendant in 2012 Putnam County molestation case seeks speedy trial (5/24/18)
- Heritage Lake man held on four charges, including burglary at Anthony’s Pizza (5/24/18)1
- Celebrate National Trail Day June 2 at Turkey Run, Shades state parks (5/24/18)
- Foundation awards mini-grant to Roachdale revitalization effort (5/24/18)
- Gobin Church announces recipient of second small community grant (5/24/18)
- Share the Dream Spotlight: Clinton Township Scholarship (5/24/18)
- Quilt Auction Winner (5/24/18)
- Slow Traffic Ahead (5/24/18)
- Memorial Day ceremonies set for Monday in several county locations (5/23/18)
- Putnam County high school graduations set Friday night, Saturday (5/23/18)
- BOYS' TRACK REGIONAL: Kaeff earns return to state track finalsBLOOMINGTON — Cloverdale senior Tyler Kaeff placed third in the 110 high hurdles at Thursday night’s Bloomington North boys’ regional track and field meet, earning a trip to the state finals next month. Kaeff will compete at Indiana University on June 2 for the second time in his career. As a sophomore, Kaeff qualified for the state meet in both the 300 low hurdles and the 110 high hurdles...
- BASEBALL SECTIONALS: Eagles top Cloverdale 8-1, fall 3-1 to No. 7 Wildcats
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Greencastle plans summer youth skills camp
- SOFTBALL SECTIONAL: South Vermillion repeats title over SP
- PREP ROUNDUP: Cub golfers win, Clovers nipped
- GIRLS' TRACK REGIONAL: Greencastle's Wilson sweeps distance races, breaks own records (5/23/18)
- SOFTBALL SECTIONAL: Eagles hold off Cougars 9-5 in semifinal game (5/23/18)
- SOFTBALL SECTIONAL: Wildcats nip Clovers 7-6 in eight innings, reach finals (5/23/18)
- TENNIS SINGLES SECTIONAL: Cub doubles team remains alive (5/23/18)
- SOFTBALL SECTIONAL: Timely hitting paces South past Cubs, 3-2 (5/21/18)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Wilson tops seeded athletes in girls’ track regional (5/21/18)
Thomas Jesse 'Tommy' MurphyThomas Jesse Murphy, of Greencastle, was killed by a gunshot wound on Nov. 20, 1943 at the Tarawa Atoll. Pharmacist Mate 2nd Class Murphy was only 22 years old. Born in 1921 in Greencastle, he was...
Vaughn 'The Boy' or 'Bobby' Oscar LeisureVaughn ("The Boy" or "Bobby") Oscar Leisure, 15, of Stilesville/Belle Union, was prematurely taken from our presence early Saturday morning, May 19, 2018. He was born on Feb. 7, 2003 in Greencastle...
Robert Preston HershbergerRobert Preston Hershberger, Bob to all who knew him, died on Sunday, May 20 at his home in Greencastle. He was 54. Born in Denver, Colo., Bob loved the outdoors, fishing, traveling, teaching Spanish...
Lilburn Roy Hall Jr.Lilburn (Roy) Hall Jr., 81 of Greencastle, went to be with the Lord Sunday, May 20, 2018. Born May 2, 1937 he was the son of the late Lilburn and Fay (Hatfield) Hall. Roy married Linda Lawson on Aug....
Putnam Scanner for May 25, 2018 (5/24/18)County Jail Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 11:45 a.m. Joseph Anthony Fox, 18, Plainfield, was taken into custody for possession of methamphetamine and...
Putnam Scanner for May 23, 2018 (5/22/18)County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday. • At 8:40 p.m. Charles W. Pingleton, 56, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery. • At 8:03 p.m. Lora Ann...
Putnam Scanner for May 22, 2018 (5/21/18)County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Saturday • At 4:48 a.m. Joseph Daniel Gardner, 25, Greencastle, lodged at the jail for resisting law enforcement, possession of...
Court News for May 25, 2018 (5/24/18)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Rodney D. Jacobs, 40, Greencastle, Level 4 felony sexual misconduct with a minor William A. Grogan II, 41, Level 5 felony burglary, Class B misdemeanor criminal mischief, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement...
Greencastle Yard Sale Fri 5/25 & Sat 5/26Multiple family sale, priced to sell! Lots of kids items - girls clothes 24m up to 8/10, infant boys and girls clothes, books, toys, pack-n-play, adult clothing, misc household items and more! Come see us at 707 Highwood in Greencastle on Friday...
Stove (electric)$100 or best offer, it works, its clean, you must pick up, call for address or more information. 765-719-0828
Great Pyredane puppies3 male and 3 female Pyredane puppies for sale! All have been vaccinated and dewormed. Raised with livestock and a registered Great Pyrenees mother. Any questions please contact Lindsay 765 712 0909
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Duo arrested for allegedly trying to sell drugs to children on playground
- Construction flagger struck by impaired driver on U.S. 231 south
- GCSC board approves new GHS principal, two assistant principals
- Reelsville dog breeder among national Humane Society's 'Horrible Hundred'
- 75-year mystery: Remains of Greencastle native missing since WWII found in Pacific