Greencastle woman charged with child neglect for leaving kids home aloneA 31-year-old Greencastle woman has been charged with neglect of a dependent after reportedly leaving two toddlers home alone as she dropped other children off at school Wednesday morning. Tanya Lynn...
GCSC to host Community Forums through NovemberThe Greencastle Community School Corporation is set to host three “Community Forums for Continuous Improvement for Our Schools” throughout the month of November. Through three listening post...
- Bainbridge Town Council meeting rescheduled (10/27/16)
- Peace Lutheran to host Reformation Harvest Festival (10/27/16)
- Ex-Cloverdale town marshal Clark resigns (10/27/16)
- Superintendents request place at the table as school accountability measures retooled (10/27/16)
- Inauguration of McCoy as DPU president set Saturday (10/27/16)
- First of two defendants sentenced in rock-throwing case (10/27/16)
- National media not doing its job this election, visiting prof says (10/27/16)3
- Talk to a Lawyer project to launch at courthouse Nov. 1 (10/26/16)
- Deputy Campbell graduates at top of academy class (10/25/16)1
- Early voting running well ahead of recent presidential elections (10/25/16)
- Featured Athlete of the Week: Zeb Holder, CloverdaleZeb Holder (31) is a senior at Cloverdale High School who recently completed the football season, and will participate in wrestling and track and field over the next few months. He is planning a military career, and went through Army basic training over the summer...
Pay attention to local races when you’re in the voting booth (10/20/16)Election fever has caught on around the nation, around the state and right here in Putnam County. It’s not hard to see why. With a presidential election seemingly unprecedented in its divisiveness, people are choosing sides and finding someone to vote for — or against...
Better keep an eye out for deer on Putnam roadways (9/29/16)While deer hunting season -- at least the archery portion -- is set to begin Saturday, Oct. 1, deer season on Hoosier highways is well under way. But if you’re a regular reader of the Putnam Scanner, you already knew that. In fact, in today’s edition, two of the four accidents reported by the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department involved deer -- or possibly even an antelope, as one driver told police...
Ronald JobRonald Job, 73, of Robinson, Ill., died at 6:50 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016 at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes, surrounded by his family. He was born Nov. 24, 1942 in Brazil, Ind.,...
Nancy Lee FrancisNancy Lee Francis, 79, of Waynetown, formerly of Lafayette and Greencastle, passed away at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016 at the Lane House Assisted Living of Crawfordsville. Born Feb. 21, 1937 in...
Frances ‘Fran’ AllenFrances “Fran” Allen, 81, Greencastle, died Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016 at Asbury Towers. Born in Greencastle Jan. 7, 1935, she was the daughter of Robert and Thelma (Myers) Johns. She and her husband...
Eugene A. HightlandEugene A. Hightland, 70, Fillmore, passed away Sunday evening, Oct. 23, 2016 at the St. Vincent Hospice, Indianapolis. He was born in Parkersburg, W.Va., on May 4, 1946, the son of John and Iris...
Putnam Scanner 10-28-16 (10/27/16)Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 6:08 p.m. Andre Dionte Clark, 21, Plainfield, was housed at the jail for possession of marijuana as well as on a Hamilton...
Putnam Scanner 10-26-16 (10/25/16)Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 4:24 p.m. Corey David Key, 24, Martinsville, was lodged at the jail on a warrant. • At 3:26 p.m. Paul Andrew Brown, 49,...
Putnam Scanner 10-24-16 (10/23/16)City Fire The Greencastle Fire Department recently responded to seven dispatches and one medical run. • At 7:20 p.m. on Friday, GFD responded to a fire alarm due to cooking at 315 E. Hanna St. GFD...
Court News 10-22-16 (10/21/16)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Brandi L. Bruce, 29, Cloverdale, Level 6 felony theft Seairah S. Delaney, 20, Bloomington, speeding Valerie M. Tippin, Greencastle, and Dustin M. Tippin, Terre Haute Jefferson Capital Systems LLC vs. Beth Angela Cavaness...
Lost & Found
Lost Great PyreneesMissing our Great Pyrenees dog in the Heritage Lake campers village area. She is a large, white, scruffy, very old dog, has collar with tags. Please call 765 720 7307, thank you!
Antique Asian Tiger and Dragon Bronze PlateSelling old Asian plate depicting battle between a dragon and tiger. I believe it is bronze: very heavy - my estimate is close to 4 pounds, I'd say at least 3.5 pounds. You would not want to drop on your foot! Plate has been in my possesion 26...
Hiring FT Skilled Construction HelpNow hiring EXPERIENCED construction help. MUST HAVE drivers license, transportation and tools. Call 765-721-0292 for info and fill out application at 1285 S Jackson Street.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health