Sanders facing two charges in stabbing caseA Greencastle man will appear in Putnam Circuit Court this week after formal charges were filed in the Thursday stabbing of his estranged wife. On Friday, the Putnam County Prosecutor’s Office filed...
Fire damage to local residence set at $130,000This weekend saw 10 agencies from around the county respond to an attic fire at 619 Westlane Rd. on the south side of Greencastle Saturday evening. The Greencastle Fire Department (GFD) estimated the...
County budget approved, on-time property tax bills to follow shortlyThe Department of Local Government Finance (DLGF) certified Putnam County’s 2017 budget order and tax rates on Feb. 12, paving the way for on-time property tax bills. The budget certification puts...
Consumer comments invited in Cataract Lake Water Corp. rate caseFor consumers who would like to comment on the proposed Cataract Lake Water Corp. rate increase, your chance is at hand. The Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC) is inviting written...
- Music of 21st Century festival bringing Grammy nominee to Greencastle (2/26/17)
- Irish First Friday event set at library March 3 (2/26/17)
- Fillmore Philanthropy (2/26/17)
- Putnam Retired Teachers offering college scholarships (2/26/17)
- Gastroenterology care now available at Putnam hospital (2/26/17)
- Energy imbalance key to avoiding obesity (2/26/17)
- Fruit growers program valuable for beginners and experts (2/26/17)
- Food Pantry Dough (2/26/17)
- GCSC expected to confirm Hubble as superintendent (2/24/17)
- FFA Spells Opportunity (2/24/17)
- Boys’ sectionals tip off TuesdayGreencastle and Cloverdale open boys’ basketball sectional play on Tuesday night against teams which they lost to in the regular season, while North Putnam and South Putnam have first-round byes and won’t open tourney play until Friday. Greencastle is hosting Class 3A Sectional 25 and will play Crawfordsville in Tuesday’s only game...
- Strong first quarter paces Tigers to NCAC title (2/26/17)
- Collins has year’s best effort at Honda Classic (2/26/17)
- DePauw gets by Oberlin 58-54, reaches NCAC finals (2/24/17)
- Cubs nipped in season finale (2/24/17)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Hecko coaching top-ranked girls’ team (2/23/17)
- FEATURED ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Elijah Williams, Greencastle (2/23/17)1
EDITORIAL: More ambulances a win for community (2/2/17)With the Monday announcement that STAR Ambulance plans to open a Greencastle station, a number of questions sprang to mind. What does it mean for Putnam County Operation Life? Will STAR be a direct competitor to OL? Does this have anything to do with Putnam County Hospital?...
James Roy Grider"Cancer may take my life, but it will never take my love, my memories, my laughter, or my soul." James "Jim" Roy Grider, 68, of Greencastle, passed away on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017 surrounded by his...
Janice L. HubbardJanice L. Hubbard, 75, of Stilesville, passed away Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017 surrounded by her family in the comfort of her home. She was preceded in death by her devoted husband, Donald "Gene"...
Charles Oscar IrvingCharles Oscar Irving, 88, of Greencastle, passed away on Friday, Feb. 24, 2017. He was born in Peoria, Ill., the son of Oscar and Thelma (Crossley) Irving. Oscar was an automotive mechanic having...
Carolee SmithersCarolee Smithers, 81, of Peoria, Ill., passed away peacefully surrounded by her loving family at 2:40 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017 at UnityPoint Proctor. She was born on Dec. 18, 1935 in Morton,...
Putnam Scanner for 2-24-17 (2/23/17)County Jail Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 4:22 p.m. Shawn Allen Fikes, 39, Fillmore, was taken into custody on three local warrants, one for failure to...
Putnam Scanner for 2-22-17 (2/21/17)County Jail One person was booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday. • At 7:47 p.m. Anthony J. Spiker, 34, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a warrant. City Fire The Greencastle Fire...
Putnam Scanner 2-21-17 (2/20/17)Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 7:37 a.m. John Michael Blankenship, 18, Reelsville, was lodged at the jail for possession of marijuana and possession of...
Early Childhood Teaching AssistantNew Pathways Preschool is seeking a full-time early childhood teaching assistant. For information and application, call New Pathways Preschool, 765-653-0841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terrier Yorkshire puppies needs a caring homeSuper adorable Yorkie puppies!Needs a new home Male&Female,very affectionate and playful email email@example.com
Experienced Accounting Employee WantedLarge independent insurance agency is seeking an experienced candidate for a full time accounting position. Must have experience in all areas of accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and budgeting....
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health