Putnam County Jail
Nine people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Michael Ryan Runnells, 22, Greencastle, was booked in at 8:09 p.m. Friday for possession of methamphetamine, neglect of a dependent, possession of paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Jamie D. Lucas, 32, Greencastle, was booked in at 12:43 a.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Charles Inman. He was released on $500 bond at 10;34 a.m. Saturday.
* Kyle B. Kramer, 21, Indianapolis, wa booked in at 2:55 a.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Deputy Dwight Simmons.
* Chadd Priddy, 35, Reelsville, was booked in at 1:24 p.m. Saturday on an out-of-county hold. He was arrested by Deputy Gregg Slover.
* Blake Paul Herschberger, 35, Roach-dale, was booked in at 4:32 a.m. Sunday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Trooper Charlie Boller. He was released on $500 bond at 10:31 a.m. Sunday.
* Steve A. Hewitt, 52, Indianapolis, was booked in at 12:10 a.m. Monday for possession of marijuana. He was arrested by Trooper Boller.
* Sara Mae Hewitt, 19, Indianapolis, was booked in at 12:35 a.m. Monday for possession of marijuana. She was arrested by Boller.
* Jason R. Sturgeon, 25, Indianapolis, was booked in at 2:26 a.m. Monday for dealing marijuana over 30 grams and possession of marijuana over 30 grams. He was arrested by Reserve Deputy Ben Pyatt.
* Angela M. White, 22, Indianapolis, was booked in at 2:38 a.m. Monday for dealing marijuana over 30 grams and possession of marijuana over 30 grams. She was arrested by Reserve Deputy Pyatt.
Two accidents were investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept.
* At 12:46 p.m. Saturday, Deputy Ronnie Campbell reported that a car was northbound on U.S. 231 near CR 700 South when a deer ran into the driver's side of the car.
Jennifer R. Snoddy, 32, Knightsville, was driving the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt, which sustained an estimated $1,000-$2,500 damage.
* At 1:20 p.m. Sunday, a motorcycle went off Ind. 243 in a curve.
Campbell reported that Robert V. Paul, 23, Greenfield, was driving south on a 2003 Suzuki when he hit some loose gravel in a curve and went into a ditch.
He complained of arm pain.
Campbell was assisted at the scene by Deputy Gregg Slover.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs.
* At 10:41 p.m., firefighters took the tower truck to the former LoBill foods, at 1033 Indianapolis Road, to assist police in looking for a suspect believed to be on the roof of the store. They returned to the station at 11 p.m.
* At 9:25 a.m., firefighters were called for an alarm at Putnam County Hospital (1542 S. Bloomington). They were disregarded at 9:28 a.m.
* At 7:56 p.m., firefighters were called to assist Operation Life with a patient at 2 W. Seminary. They returned to the station at 8:08 p.m.
* At 8:04 p.m., firefighters assisted with a motorcycle accident at 405 N. Jackson. They assisted the patient, who was transported with minor injuries to Putnam County Hospital, and cleaned up debris. They returned to the station at 8:52 p.m.