Scanner for June 18, 2007
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several weekend runs.
* At 11:30 a.m., firefighters provided lift assistance to a resident's dog at 215 S. CR 300 West. They returned to the station at 12:08 p.m.
* At 11:31 a.m., firefighters assisted Operation Life with a patient at 315 N. Jackson St. They returned to the station at 11:49 a.m.
* At 12:19 p.m., firefighters were called for an accidental alarm at Asbury Towers (102 W. Poplar). They were disregarded before leaving the station.
* At 1:06 p.m., firefighters were called to assist Reelsville Fire with a house fire at 8229 W. CR 1200 South. They returned to the station at 2:50 p.m.
* At 4:01 p.m., firefighters were called for a carbon monoxide detector activation at 1016 Zinc Mill Road. Nothing was found and they returned to the station at 4:20 p.m.
Putnam County Jail
Six people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Kristina M. Smith, 27, Indianapolis, was booked in at 12:26 a.m. Saturday for driving in violation of restricted driving permit, refusal to submit to chemical test and driving while intoxicated. She was arrested by Conservation Officer Dale J. Clark. She was released on her own recognizance at 12:30 p.m. Monday.
* Robert S. Slack, 33, Greencastle, was booked in at 1:53 a.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Charles Inman.
* Roger G. Rush, 37, Crawfordsville, was booked in at 12:47 a.m. Sunday for intimidation when threat is to commit a forcible felony and battery. He was arrested by Conservation Officer Clark.
* Patrick Lewis, 41, Cloverdale, was booked in at 3:42 a.m. Sunday for domestic battery. He was arrested by Officer Adam Hull.
* Robert Lee King, 43, Terre Haute, was booked in at 8:42 p.m. Sunday for failure to appear in court. He was arrested by Officer Inman.
* Luther R. Barger, 32, Indianapolis, was booked in at 12:06 a.m. Monday on a Clay County warrant. He was arrested by Deputy Dwight Simmons. He was transferred to Clay County at 1:55 a.m. Monday.
Five accidents were investigated by the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept. recently.
* At 9:30 a.m. Sunday, a car hit a deer on U.S. 36 at CR 725 East.
Deputy Ronnie Camp-abell reported that Trent D. Ritchey, 30, Bloomington, was driving a Dodge Neon west when a deer ran in front of the car.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
* At 12:18 a.m. Saturday, a car backed into a parked truck on Virgil Drive at VanBibber Lake.
Sgt. Tom Helmer reported that Robert E. Arthur, 27, Indianapolis, was driving east in a 1994 Chrysler Concorde when he came to the end of the street, stopped and started backing up. His car collided with a parked 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche registered to Edward Downing, VanBibber Lake.
Damage was estimated at $750-$1,000.
* At 10 p.m. Friday, a truck hit a deer on U.S. 40 near Mount Meridian.
Sgt. Helmer reported that Melissa E. Bauer, 37, Mooresville, was driving east in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado when the animal ran from the south into the road and the driver could not avoid the animal.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
* At 5:15 p.m. Friday, two vehicles collided at the campground gate of Lieber State Recreation Area.
Deputy Doug Nally reported that Brian T. Johnston, 44, Indianapolis, was stopped in a 1999 Chevrolet van when he backed into a 2004 Ford Expedition driven by Joseph Parr, 34, Knightsville.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
* At 3:52 p.m. Friday, a car overturned on a private driveway off CR 125 West.
Deputy Josh Boller reported that Michael P. Busch, 16, 236 W. CR 300 South, Greencastle, was driving a 1985 Ford Bronco down a private drive when he lost control of the vehicle. It hit a couple of trees and flipped upside down.
Busch complained of head pain at the scene.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.