Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to one run recently.
At 8:19 a.m., firefighters responded to a hot-smell investigation at 33 Putnam Plaza. They found no problems and returned to the station at 8:41 a.m.
A three-vehicle accident was investigated by Greencastle Police at 2:13 p.m. Friday at Jackson and Daggy streets.
Officer Michael Collins reported that Robin Mendelsohn, 36, Greencas-tle, was driving a southbound 2001 Infiniti when she did not see vehicles stopped in front of her. Her car collided with a 2002 GMC Savanna minivan driven by Robert Costin, 38, Greencastle. The GMC then collided with a 1993 Chevrolet pickup driven by Edward Beams, 61, Roachdale. Beams said he was stopped on Jackson Street waiting for traffic to clear to turn into the Marathon station.
Mendelsohn complained of arm pain and Costin complained of neck pain.
Damage was estimated at $10,000-$25,000.
Collins was assisted at the scene by Chief Tom Sutherlin and Officer Jeff Modlin.
Meanwhile, several tickets were issued by Greencastle Police recently.
* Officer Christopher Helmer ticketed Shelby Reed, 18, Roachdale, on Indianapolis Road for no insurance at 2:13 p.m.
* Helmer cited Ryan S. Puett, 19, Greencastle, on Martinsville Street for expired license plate at 3:50 p.m.
Officer Travis DeLaGrange cited the following motorists:
* At 12:05 a.m., Samantha Shillings, 22, Greencastle, on Manhattan Road for 54 mph in a 35-mph zone.
* At 8:45 p.m., Kristan T. Green, 21, Greencastle, on Manhattan Road for 53 mph in a 35-mph zone.
* At 9:10 p.m., Andrew Fenwick, 17, Greencastle, on Manhattan Road for 57 mph in a 35-mph zone.
* At 11:45 p.m., Thad Shidler, 40, Clay City, at U.S. 231 and Martinsville Street for 50 mph in a 30-mph zone.
Officer Christopher Jones cited:
* Charles Kallner, 40, Harmony, on Tennessee Street for driving while suspended at 4:15 p.m.
* Chester Pelland, 50, Reelsville on South Jackson Street for front seat passenger restraint violation at 4:35 p.m.
* Brittany Dodson, 21, Coatesville, on Judson Drive for driving while suspended and front seat passenger restraint violation at 5:05 p.m.
* Candace Kelly, 18, Greencastle, on Judson Drive for a front seat passenger restraint violation at 5:05 p.m.
Officer DeLaGrange cited:
* Jamychel E. Hirsch, 17, Coatesville on Bloomington Street for failure to yield the right-of-way at 10:15 p.m.
* Brittney Thompson, 17, Greencastle, at Wood and Washington streets for front seat passenger restraint violation at 11 p.m.
* Erin Baker, 17, California, at Wood and Washington streets for front seat passenger restraint violation at 11 p.m.
Officer Modlin ticketed:
* Joseph Tague III, 20, Crawfordsville, for speeding 55 mph in a 40-mph zone on Ind. 240. at 11:25 p.m.
Officer Helmer ticketed:
* James Zeller, 29, Fillmore, for child not properly restrained on Bloomington Street at 7:10 p.m.
Officer Jones ticketed:
* Justin Reed, 21, Greencastle, for seatbelt violation on Ind. 240 at 12:20 p.m.
* Chris Faught, 25, Greencastle, for driving while suspended and seatbelt violation at 12:45 p.m.
* Jesse Witt, 24, Poland, on Fawnview Lane for seatbelt violation at 3:20 p.m.
* Maurice Dean, 39, Greencastle, on Indianapolis Road for seatbelt violation at 3:45 p.m.
* Robert Alex, 40, Greencastle, on East Washington Street for a seatbelt violation at 4:05 p.m.