The following Trick-or-Treat hours and special Halloween activities for local communities have been announced:
* Bainbridge -- 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31
* Cloverdale -- 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31
* Heritage Lake -- 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31.
* Fillmore -- 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31
* Greencastle -- 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31. Downtown merchant trick-or-treating is 4-6 p.m. Tuesday at businesses around the courthouse square. Children and adults are encouraged to wear costumes, and to be careful while negotiating through downtown traffic.
* Russellville -- 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31.
* VanBibber Lake -- 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 31.
Red Cross has 13 tips for safe trick-or-treating
The American Red Cross Putnam County Unit wants to remind all who will take part in Halloween festivities there are 13 reminder tips.
Before taking children out for trick-or-treat, the unit wants all to:
* Use face paint rather than mask of items that will cover eyes.
* Wear light-colored or reflective-type clothing for visibility, and remember to put reflective tape on bikes and skateboards.
* Map out a route planned to take and share the information with family and friends. If possible, bring an adult along.
* Always carry a flashlight to brighten the path.
* Look both ways before crossing the street to check for vehicles.
* Never hide behind or cross the street between parked vehicles.
* Go to the corner to cross all streets.
* Don't go near open fires and candles. Cos-tumes can be flammable.
* Only visit homes that have well-lit hallways or lights on porches.
* Be cautious of animals and strangers.
* Accept treats at the door and never go into a stranger's house.
* Have a grown-up inspect treats before ingesting. And don't eat candy if the package is already opened. Small, hard pieces of candy are a choking hazard for young children.
For more tips on how to stay safe during Halloween, contact the Wabash Valley chapter of the American Red Cross at (812) 232-3303 or log onto www.wabashvalleyredcross.org for information on health and safety planning.
The American Red Cross Wabash Valley Chapter serves the people of Clay, Greene, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion and Vigo counties.