Michael D. McHugh was hired Wednesday evening by the Greencastle School board for the Ridpath position.
Currently a teacher at Plainfield Middle School, McHugh is a graduate of South Putnam High School and DePauw University. He earned a master's degree from Indiana Wesleyan University.
McHugh's new duties will begin June 1.
Meanwhile, several other personnel matters were approved the school board. They are:
* Russell Hesler, resignation as high school varsity wrestling coach.
* Dena Kelly, resignation as middle school instructional assistant in the computer/media center.
* Christina Lesh, a leave of absence as seventh grade social studies teacher for the next school year.
* Hollie Fowler, leave of absence from April 18 through the end of the school year.
* Erin Dahl, hire as temporary teacher to fill the Fowler leave of absence.
* Delories Shroute, intermittent family medical leave.
* Dan Layton, hire as summer driver education coordinator for the June and July sessions.
* Troy Greenlee and Allen K. Brown, hire as summer driver education teachers.
* Kirk Collins and Terri Collins, approved as high school volunteer assistant softball coaches.
* Sally Martin and Megan Schroeder, approved as high school volunteer assistant girls tennis coaches.
* Matt Welker, Dee Greenlee and Thomas Miller, approved as high school volunteer assistant baseball coaches.
* Amy Weliever, approved as middle school assistant track coach.
* Pat Babbington, Will Cath and John Sibbitt, approved as high school assistant boys track lay coaches.
* Lola Hutson, resignation due to retirement as cafeteria assistant at Tzouanakis School at the end of the school year.
* Heather Powers, resignation as middle school secretary, and appointment as middle school instructional assistant in the computer/media center.
* Courtenay Hayes, Kara Thomas, Stacy Allen, Emilie Bowman, Deb Scott, Emily Johnson and Jody Rogers, hire as KIDS Program tutors.
* Stacy Carrell, Deborah Fenoglio, Christy Schmekebier and Amanda Standers, hire as special education teachers at the middle school.
* Lisa Duggan and Barbara Jessie, hire as special education teachers at the high school.
* Jill Green and Alisha Staples, hire as special education teachers at Tzouanakis school.
* Jenny Riggle, hire as special education teacher at Deer Meadow.
* Lori Gillespie and Kathy Asbell, approve as intramural activities supervisors.
* Teresa Keck, transfer from resource room to remediation at the high school.
* Christopher Skillern, hire as resource room instructional assistant at the high school.