Putnam County Jail
Ten people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Kimberly Geary, 40, Indianapolis, was booked in at 3:21 p.m. Friday for check fraud and theft. she was arrested at PCJ.
* Matthew Pike, 22, Noblesville, was booked in at 8:52 p.m. Friday on an out-of-county hold. He was arrested by Trooper Phil Lubbers.
* Sheena Marie Workman, 22, Cloverdale, was booked in at 12:03 a.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated, public intoxication and driving while suspended. She was arrested by Deputy Adam Hull.
* Brandon Riggan, 30, Greencastle, was booked in at 12:45 a.m. Saturday for check fraud. He was arrested by Greencastle Sgt. Charles Inman.
* James S. Travis, 28, Greencastle, was booked in at 3:06 a.m. Saturday for public intoxication. He was arrested by Sgt. Inman.
* Mark Alan Scheler, 45, Terre Haute, was booked in at 11:26 p.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Trooper Cory Robinson.
* Brian Andrew Hamilton, 33, Roachdale, was booked in at 8:44 a.m. Sunday for domestic battery. He was arrested by Trooper Chris Harcourt.
* Carolyn A. Hood, 36, Greencastle, was booked in at 8:48 a.m. Sunday for trespass and battery with serious bodily injury. He was arrested by Deputy Dwight Simmons.
* David Ward Hicks, 22, Morgantown, was booked in at 4:56 p.m. Sunday for possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Chris Helmer. He was released on 4800 bond at 8;11 p.m. Sunday.
* William Robert Moore, 21, Trafalgar, was booked in at 5:21 p.m. Sunday for reckless possession of paraphernalia and possession of marijuana. He was arrested by Officer Helmer. He was released on $800 bond at 8:16 p.m. Sunday.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Several fire runs were handled by Greencastle firefighters recently.
* At 7:12 p.m., firefighters were called to assist police at 102 Ballard Lane. They returned to station at 9:07 p.m.
* At 11:46 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to Indianapolis Road for cleanup for a motor vehicle crash. They returned at 12:12 p.m.
* At 6 p.m., firefighters responded to 508 S. Jackson St. to an activated smoke detector. The smoke detector was found to be malfunctioning. Crews were back on station at 6:06 p.m.
* At 9:13 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to 881 Deerfield Drive to check a smoke detector. They returned at 9:47 p.m.
* At 7:50 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to an accidental fire alarm at 13 Keightly Road. They were recalled at 7:52 a.m.
* At 4:57 p.m., firefighters assisted Operation Life ambulance personnel with a sick person at 608 E. Walnut St. Firefighters returned to station at 5:09 p.m.
* At 1:02 a.m., firefighters went to 634 E. Washington St. to assist with a possible electrical problem. They returned to station at 1:32 a.m.
* At 11:44 a.m., firefighters went to 801 S. Locust St. for a smoke detector set off by dust from a sweeper. They returned to station at 11:48 a.m.