Greencastle police investigated four accidents recently:
* Capt. Michael Hanlon reported that at 10:43 a.m. on Aug. 15, two vehicles collided at North Jackson and Jacob streets.
Jennifer Meade, 25, Greencastle, slowed down for a vehicle in front of her and was struck from behind by Adam Hochstedler, 25, Goshen. Hochstedler stated he did not see the vehicle slowing down in front of him.
Damage was estimated between $2,500- $5,000.
* On Sunday at 6:45 p.m., Amanda Combs, 22, Roachdale, backed into a fuel pump guard at the Swifty Station at 615 Bloomington St. She pulled in and realized her tank was on the other side of the vehicle and backed up hitting the guard. Damage was estimated between $1,001- $2,500. Officer Darrel Bunten reported the accident.
* Sgt. Christopher Jones reported at 2:14 p.m. Monday. Christopher Scott, 25, Russellville was driving his Chevy Blazer northbound on CR 200 W in the rain. He moved to the side of the road to make room for a southbound vehicle. He looked away from the road and realized his vehicle was dipping off the shoulder over an embankment. He jumped out of his vehicle to safety as it continued over the embankment and dropped approximately 20 feet into the Big Walnut Creek. Damage was between $5,00- $10,000.
* Officer Jeff Modlin reported that William McClellan, 83, Greencastle, backed into a parked unattended car registered to Jarrod Duff, Greencastle. Damage was estimated between $1,000-$2,500.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Four emergency runs were handled recently by Greencastle firefighters.
* At 7:34 p.m. firefighters responded to a gas leak at a church at 404 Judson Drive. They returned to station at 7: 57 p.m.
* At 2:42 a.m., firefighters went to 508 S. Jackson St. where water leaking from an air conditioner got into the alarm system. They returned to station at 2:54 a.m.
* Firefighers went to Asbury Towers at 12:47 p.m. to assist Operation Life ambulance with a patient. They returned to station at 1:05 p.m.
* At 3:20 p.m., firefighters went to Percy Julian Drive and Indianapolis Road to clean up a property damage accident. They returned to station at 3:51 p.m.