Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Teresa Lynn Belle, 42, Indianapolis, was booked in at 11:59 a.m. Monday for violation of home detention. She was arrested at PCJ. She was released on her own recognizance at 11:50 a.m. Tuesday.
* James Earl Hager, 19, Greencastle, was booked in at 9:50 p.m. Monday for theft and possession of alcohol by a minor. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Chris Helmer. He was released on his own recognizance at 3:37 p.m. Tuesday.
* Ty Eric Huber, 41, Bainbridge, was booked in at 10:26 p.m. Monday for interfering with reporting a crime and domestic battery. He was arrested by Deputy Doug Nally. He was released on $500 bond at 6:39 p.m. Tuesday.
* Jeffrey Scott Schriver, 39, Terre Haute, was booked ina t 11:08 p.m. Monday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Geoffrey Stringer, 26, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:17 a.m. Tuesday for public intoxication and driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Officer Jeff Modlin. He was released at 8:48 a.m. Tuesday.
* Carl Eugene Sadler, 26, Indianapolis, was booked in at 2:42 a.m. Tuesday for non-support of a child. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Mark Wayne Abney, 24, Rockville, was booked in at 4:21 a.m. Tuesday for check fraud. He was arrested at PCJ. He was released on his own recognizance at 3:35 p.m. Tuesday.
* Matthew Bonebrake, 34, Terre Haute, was booked in at 9:51 a.m. Tuesday for contempt of court. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Shaun Allen Smith, 27, Terre Haute, was booked in at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday for contempt of court he was arrested at PCJ.
* David McCaslin, 43, Coatesville, was booked in at 8:39 p.m. Tuesday on a warrant. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Thomas Lee Miller, 37, Greencastle, was booked in at 10:01 p.m. Tuesday on a warrant. He was arrested by Deputy Nally.
* Timothy L. Miller, 37, Greencastle, was booked in at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday for resisting law enforcement and disorderly conduct. He was arrested by Deputy Josh Boller.
* Adam D. Doll, 21, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:15 a.m. Wednesday for domestic battery and battery with bodily injury. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Jeff Modlin.
Two accidents were investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept.
* At 1:48 a.m. Monday, a car went into a ditch on CR 220 West.
Deputy Ronnie Campbell reported that Christine E. moore, 18, 1549 Bloomington St., Greencastle, was driving north in a 1998 Ford Taurus when she lost control of the car on the gravel and went into a ditch after hitting a concrete barrier.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
* At 2:04 p.m. Monday, a motorcycle wrecked on Ind. 243 near Interstate 70.
Deputy Josh Boller reported that Donald L. Duncan, 51, Mooresville, was driving a 1996 Harley Davidson south on Ind. 243 when he lost control due to loose gravel in a turn. The motorcycle left the road and Duncan was ejected. He was treated for back pain at the scene and then released.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
* At 2:47 a.m., firefighters were called to assist police in look for a suspect near 5588 N. County Road 50 East in Bainbridge. They were back on station at 5:56 a.m.
* At 10:49 a.m., crews were called to 801 S. Locust St. on an active fire alarm. The call was determined to be a false alarm and firefighters were back on station at 11:08 a.m.
A quote in the story about the South Putnam School Board was attributed to Brenda Heavin. The person being quoted was actually Karen Heavin. The women are sisters-in-law.