Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs.
* At 11:23 p.m., firefighters were called for a gasoline leak from a car at the intersection of Bloomington and East Walnut streets. They returned to the station at 11:32 p.m.
* At 4:38 a.m., firefighters were called for an alarm at the old Techno Trim building, at the corner of Ind. 240 and Fillmore Road. They found nothing and returned to the station at 5:58 a.m.
* At 6:19 a.m., firefighters were called for an alarm at 102 W. Poplar St. but were disregarded before leaving the station. They were back in service at 6:21 a.m.
* At 2:54 p.m., firefighters responded mutual aid to U.S. 231 at Brick Chapel for a two-car accident with injury. They extricated one person from a car before he was transported, by helicopter, to the hospital. Firefighters returned to the station at 4:38 p.m.
* At 4:18 p.m., firefighters were called for an alarm at 311 S. Locust (Sigma Chi). They were disregarded by DePauw Public Safety at 4:21 p.m.
* At 6:34 p.m., firefighters responded to an alarm at 304 S. Indiana. It was a false alarm and they returned to the station at 6:55 p.m.
* At 7:26 p.m., firefighters responded to a cooking fire at 330 Greenwood Avenue. They returned to the station at 7:44 p.m.