[Nameplate] Mostly Cloudy ~ 61°F  
High: 63°F ~ Low: 41°F
Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Police and fire scanner for 9-8-07

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Putnam County Jail

Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.

* Michael Gastineau, 49, Plainfield, was booked in at 10:52 a.m. Thursday for contempt of court. He was arrested at PCJ.

* Shanda Dick, 29, Indianapolis, was booked in at 3:04 p.m. Thursday for public intoxication and possession of a controlled substance. She was arrested by Greencastle Officer Ed Wilson.

* Charles S. Alex, 63, Coatesville, was booked in at 12:41 p.m. Friday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Huffman. He was released on $800 bond at 4:33 a.m. Friday.

* Jeremy lee Newgent, 29, Greencastle, was booked in at 3:59 a.m. Friday for failure to stop after an accident, resisting law enforcement, false reporting or informing and reckless driving. He was arrested by Deputy Adam Hull.

Sheriff's Dept.

Two accidents were investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept.

* At 3:11 p.m. Monday, one person was injured in an accident at U.S. 231 and U.S. 36.

Deputy Josh Boller reported that Alicia M. King, Indianapolis, was driving east in a 2005 Ford sport utility vehicle when she stopped due to traffic backed up on the highway. Her vehicle was rear-ended by a 1988 Pontiac driven by Vincent M. Critchfield, 35, Indianapolis. A passenger in his car sustained minor bleeding in her mouth.

Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.

* At 11:05 a.m. Wednesday, a tire came off a vehicle another vehicle on CR 350 West near CR 550 South.

Lt. Danny Wallace reported that Gary A. Martin, 40, 4362 W. Ivanwald Drive, Reelsville, was driving north in a 2003 Ford 250 when a tire came off his trailer and hit the front of an oncoming 1999 Pontiac Montana driven by Corky Crimmins, 50, 85 Hickory Lane, Greencastle.

Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.

Greencastle Fire Dept.

The Greencastle Fire Department responded two recent runs.

* At 12:25 a.m. Thursday, firefighters were called to U.S. 231 and CR 300 South for a smoke investigation. They were back on station at 12:46 a.m.

* At 1:31 a.m., crews were called to the same location for a smoke investigation. They found nothing and returned at 1:40 a.m.