Greencastle Police gave out several tickets recently.
* Officer Christopher Helmer cited Christine Klinger, 38, Greencastle on Locust Street for an expired license plate at 2:15 p.m.
* Dale Sorenson, 51, Newburg was cited at 6:10 p.m. on Percy Julian Drive for driving 65 in a 40 mile zone.
* Sgt. Christopher Jones ticketed Kathleen Muckey, 52, Greencastle at 1:15 p.m. on S. Bloomington Street and Veterans Highway for an expired license plate.
* At 1:30 p.m. Jean Haynes, 38, Greencastle was cited for disregarding a stop sign at Shadowlawn and Fawnview.
* At 4:30 p.m. Mark Anderson, 18, Cloverdale was ticketed on S. Jackson for speeding 50 in a 35-mile zone.
* Sgt. Charles Inman, Jr. cited David B. Sutherlin, 35, Greencastle at 10:05 p.m. on Percy Julian Drive and Avenue D for disregarding a stop sign and reckless driving.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Greencastle firefighters responded to several runs recently.
* At 2:07 a.m., firefighters went to the Putnam County Jail, 13 Keightly Rd., for a false alarm. They returned to station at 2:19 a.m.
* At 4:37 a.m., firefighters responded to an alarm malfunction at 208 E. Olive St. They returned to station at 4:57 p.m.
* At 6:02 p.m., firefighters went to 208 S. Indiana St. fopr an alarm malfunction. They were disregarded en route at 6:06 p.m.
* At 8:39 p.m., firefighters started to respond to 107 W. Hanna St., but it was a false alarm and they were alerted to disregard the run before leaving station.
* At 9:04 p.m., firefighters went to 320 Dogwood Lane to assist Operation Life with a patient. They were cleared from the scene at 9:36 p.m.
* Firefighters went to 1 W. Washington St., for a medical run. They were cleared from the scene at 5:01 p.m.
* At 6:35 a.m. firefighters responded to a call at 1216 S. Bloomington Street for a blown transformer. They returned to station at 7:34 a.m.
* At 6:35 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to 627 E. Seminary Street to Delta Epsilon who was testing their system they were disregarded at 6:37 p.m.
* Firefighters were dispatched to Cloverdale Township to cover their station at 6:42 p.m. Cloverdale was fighting a pole barn fire at 485 E. CR 1000 S. They returned to station at 6:46 p.m.