The Putnam County Sheriff's Department investigated three recent accidents.
* At 10:40 a.m. Monday, two cars collided on CR 600 South near Belle Union.
Deputy Dan Wallace reported that Darla Minartz, Coatesville, driving a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado, was following a 1991 Dodge Caravan, driven by Connie A. Michaud, Mooresville, through Belle Union on CR 600 South. Minartz stated that she tried to pass Michaud and she turned left in front of her. Michaud said she was trying to turn left into a driveway and was struck by Minartz.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-2,500.
* At 11:51 a.m. Monday, a car lost control and went off the road at Ind. 243 and CR 700 South.
Deputy Ron Campbell reported that Charles McVey, Cloverdale, driving a 2006 Pontiac G6, was driving on Ind. 243 and lost control, leaving the roadway. She was injured.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000.
* At 6:15 p.m. Thursday, a car rear-ended another car at U.S. 231 and U.S. 40.
Deputy Josh Boller reported that Norma J. Myers, Greencastle, driving a 2004 Ford, was northbound on U.S. 231 approaching U.S. 40. Meanwhile, Michael Seaver, driving a 1996 GMC Jimmy, was approaching from behind and the light turned red. He said he didn't have time to stop before rear-ending Myers.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000.
Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Chapin Ray Manning, 21, Cloverdale, was booked in at 10:42 a.m. Wednesday for violation of probation. He was booked in at PCJ.
* Garry Dean Rigney, 26, Greencastle, was booked in at 6:44 p.m. Wednesday for violation of home detention. He was booked in by Greencastle Officer Ed Wilson.
* Samuel A. Weigley, 18, Greencastle, was booked in at 11:52 p.m. Wednesday for public intoxication and possession of alcohol by a minor. He was arrested by DePauw Officer Bennett.
* Jake Cole, 22, Cloverdale, was booked in at 12:21 a.m. Thursday for public intoxication and driving with a blood alcohol of .15 or greater. He was arrested by Deputy Tom Helmer.
* Gary Franklin Cofer, 24, Cloverdale, was booked in at 12:49 a.m. Thursday for public intoxication. He was released at 12:13 p.m. on his own recognizance.
* Billy Ray Anderson, 24, Poland, was booked in at 12:24 p.m. Thursday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested by Civil Deputy Mike O'Hair.
* Richard James Thomas, 31, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:58 p.m. Thursday for be a habitual offender, dealing in a controlled substance. He was arrested by Deputy Doug Nally.
* Brad Paul Martin, 23, Greencastle, was booked in at 1:38 a.m. Friday for dealing in a controlled substance, dealing in marijuana and reckless possession of paraphernalia. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Charles Inman.
* Justin Levi Burnham, 20, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:10 a.m. Friday for disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana. He was arrested by Officer Inman.
* April Lee Kelsey, 27, Fillmore, was booked in at 3:55 a.m. Friday for driving while intoxicated. She was arrested by Greencastle Officer Huffman.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Greencastle firefighters responded on four runs recently.
* At 9:07 p.m. Wednes-day, firefighters went to U.S. 231 and Ind. 240 for a smoke smell. They could fine no source and returned to station at 9:33 p.m.
* At 8:33 a.m. Thursday, firefighters went to Anthony Drive for clean up of an auto accident after a pickup truck ran into a trailer hauling a bulldozer. They returned to station at 9:09 a.m.
* At 4:58 p.m. Friday, firefighters were dispatched to 109 W. Hanna St. for an alarm. They were radioed to disregard the alarm at 4:59 p.m.
* At 8:57 p.m. Friday, firefighters went to the Jim Blue residence, 1550 W. CR 25 South to extinguish cars on fire. They found that junk vehicles were being cut up for scrap when one of the vehicles caught fire, and it spread to seven other vehicles. Firefighters returned to station 10:27 p.m.