Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs.
* At 8:48 p.m. firefighters responded to an unauthorized burn at 1132 Ave. B. Residents were told to put out the fire. They returned to station at 9:04 p.m.
* At 6:52 a.m. Firefighters assisted Cloverdale Fire with a brush fire at 8091 S. CR 250 W. They returned to station at 8:10 a.m.
Greencastle Police Capt. Mike Hanlon responded to a one-vehicle crash at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 13 on Anthony Street near Fawn View Lane. Greencastle resident Bruce Lemley, 51, was driving his 2002 Ford F150 east on Anthony when he crashed into a flatbed trailer owned by Spiker Excavating Inc. Lemley could not see the trailer because it had no reflectors showing and the rising sun was directly in the driver's eyes, the report said.
* A reported hit-and-run at Washington and Indiana streets reportedly caused between $1,000 and $2,500 in damage Sunday.
Greencastle Police Sgt. Christopher Jones responded to the crash at 5:09 p.m.
Reed Seward, 20, of Terrace Park, Ohio, told police he was driving his 1992 Saab east on Washington Street when a blue Ford Ranger turned left in front of him at Indiana Street, according to a police report.
The Ranger then turned west on Walnut Street and sped off, the report said.
* Greencastle Police Capt. Mike Hanlon cited a Greencastle driver for going the wrong way on a one-way street after he responded to a crash on Depot Street near Madison Street at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Barbara Wyhs, 30, was driving her 1992 For Explorer east on Depot Street, which is one way going west, when Donna Baskin, 59, of Greencastle pulled out onto the road and struck the vehicle Wyhs was driving, according to a police report.
Baskin told police that she could not see Wyhs because shrugs obstructed the view of her car and because the Explorer was driving in the wrong direction up the street, the report said.
* Officer Christopher Helmer assisted by Sgt. Christopher Jones responded to an accident at Bloomington Street and Veteran's Highway Tuesday. Dale Detro, 70, Greencastle was driving a 2001 Ford Taurus when he attempted to pass Michelle Pilkin-Little, 37, Greencastle who was driving a 2003 Dodge Neon. Detro hit Pilkin-Little causing damage to the front driver's side fender and door of his car.