Putnam County Jail
Five people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* James Robert Zenker, 20, Huntington, N.Y., was booked in at 12:22 a.m. Saturday for resisting law enforcement, possession of alcohol by a minor public intoxication and public indecency. He was arrested by DePauw Officer Moore. He was released on $800 bond at 11 a.m. Saturday.
* Charles A. Jennings, 47, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:54 a.m. Saturday for public intoxication, refusal to submit to a chemical test and driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Jeff Modlin. He was released on $500 bond at 10:16 a.m. Saturday.
* Robert W. Fisher, 35, Greencastle, was booked in at 5:15 a.m. Saturday for public intoxication and violation of probation. He was arrested by Officer Modlin.
* Derick McGaughey, 20, Greencastle, was booked in at 5:38 a.m. Saturday for possession of a controlled substance and public intoxication. He was arrested by Sgt. Charles Inman.
* Mary Elana Burnette, 26, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:55 a.m. Sunday for driving while intoxicated and public intoxication. She was arrested by Trooper Charles Boller.
Six traffic tickets were issued recently by Greencastle police.
* At 2:52 p.m., Officer Darrel Bunten ticketed Kristan Green, 21, Greencastle, for speeding 35 miles per hour in a 20-mph school zone on Shadowlawn Avenue.
* At 8:25 a.m., Officer Albert Epple ticketed Donna Jahnke, 43, Cloverdale, for expired plate and no financial responsibility at Calbert Way and Ind. 240.
* At 3:15 p.m., Officer Chris Helmer ticketed Cody McNew, 18, Greencastle, for driving while suspended on Indianapolis Road at Judson Drive.
* At 4:25 p.m., Officer Bunten ticketed Clarissa M. Clem, 23, Jamestown, for expired license plate on Indianapolis Road.
* At 5:20 p.m., Officer Travis DeLaGrange ticketed Stephen F. Aigner, 52, Greencastle, for driving never licensed on Washington Street at Bloomington Street.
* At 1010:30 p.m., Sgt. Charles Inman Jr., ticketed Stephen S. Schott, 22 Indianapolis, for speeding 48 mph in a 30-mph zone on Washington Street.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Greencastle firefighters handled six emergency runs recently.
* Firefighters went to 24 S. Indiana St. at 7:17 a.m. to assist police in cleaning up fluid on the sidewalk. They returned to station at 7:43 a.m.
* At 3:18 p.m., firefigthers were dispatched to 200 W. Hanna St., but were radioed to disregard the run at 3:21 p.m.
* At 3:57 p.m., firefighters went to Walnut and Jackson streets for a bicycle injury and assisted Operation Life ambulance personnel with care and manpower. They returned to station at 4:12 p.m.
* At 5:28 a.m., firefighters went to 102 W. Poplar St. for a false alarm. They investigated and returned to station at 6:17 a.m.
* At 11:24 a.m., firefighters went to 207 Elizabeth Street for an auto accident and assisted in clean-up. They returned to station at 11:31 a.m.
* At 12:16 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a fire alarm at 107 W. Hanna St. No problem was found. They reset the alarm and returned to station at 12:30 a.m.