Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Kevin Dean Armstrong, 34, of North Street in Fillmore, was booked in at 7 a.m. Monday by jail staff on a court order.
* Richard Huber, 51, of Gosport, Ind., was booked in at 11:28 a.m. Monday by jail staff on a petition to revoke probation.
* Thomas Lee Gorham III, 27, Mexico, Missouri, was booked in at 3 p.m. Monday by Putnam County Sheriff Mark Frisbie for dealing cocaine or methamphetamine. He was released on $1,500 bail.
* Lucas Adam Monnett, 29, of Lincoln Hills in Coatesville, was booked in at 6:49 p.m. Monday by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Josh Boller for public intoxication and violation of probation.
* Cory Scobee, 27, of U.S. 40 in Fillmore, was booked in at 1:34 p.m. Tuesday by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Mike O'Hair for violating home detention.
Several accidents were investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* Deputy Don Pettit responded to a single-vehicle crash at 8:20 a.m. Monday on County Road 500 West near County Road 900 South.
Matthew C. Janeway, 16, of West County Road 1100 South in Reelsville, was driving north on County Road 500 West when he lost control of his vehicle when he braked to avoid corn in the road. When he over corrected, he drove off of the west side of the road, rolling his 1997 Chevrolet S10 pickup truck, according to a police report. The vehicle rolled again and came to a rest right side up, facing south. Janeway was not badly hurt, the report said.
Damage is estimated between $1,000 to $2,500.
* At 4:30 p.m. Monday, Deputy Doug Nally assisted a motorist whose vehicle slid off the road and landed upside down in a ditch at County Road 525 West near County Road 175 North.
Nicole L. Ayers, 32, of Howard Street in Greencastle, told police she was driving North on County Road 525 West when her 2002 Dodge Durango slid down an embankment and into a ditch after she tried to avoid hitting a deer, according to a police report. When Ayers tried to back out of the ditch, the SUV slid farther and flipped into the water on its roof. Ayers, however, was able to crawl out of the car and to the road. She escaped the crash without major injuries, the report said.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-10,000.
* Deputy Nally responded to a hit and run crash at 8:40 p.m. Monday at 337 N. Main St. in Fillmore.
Jana Matzke, of Marshall, Ind., told police that she was her vehicle parked outside of her mother's house when an orange car backed into her 2006 Dodge Caravan, according to a police report.