Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently
* Travis Matthew Rambo, 30, of Lincoln Avenue in Cloverdale, was booked in at 4:31 p.m. Tuesday by Cloverdale Police Chief Charlie Hallam for violating home detention.
* Kim Rey Hyten, 39, of North County Road 275 East in Fillmore, was booked in at 3:51 a.m. Wednesday by Indiana State Police Trooper Charlie Boller for domestic battery. He was released on his own recognizance.
One accident was investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Nally responded to collision at 4:35 p.m. Tuesday in the McClure's Gas Station parking lot.
Randall M. Hayes, 49, of 6874 East U.S. 40, told police he was pulling out of the gas station when he struck the car driven by Beverley J. Bannon, 62, of Crawfordsville, according to a police report.
Damage is estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs.
* At 12:48 p.m., firefighters were called to cover the Bainbridge Fire Station but were disregarded before leaving the station.
* At 3:53 a.m., firefighters were called for an alarm at 508 S. Indiana. Nothing was found and they returned to the station at 4:02 a.m.
* At 1:50 p.m., firefighters went to 750 S. Fillmore Road for a medical assist. They returned to the station at 2:23 p.m.
* At 4:17 p.m., firefighters were called to 3495 S. U.S. 231 for a medical assist for a person passed out on the side of the road. They returned to the station at 4:37 p.m.
* At 4:35 p.m., firefighters assisted a person with reported cardiac arrest at 1280 N. Jackson St. They returned to the station at 4:51 p.m.
* At 1:30 a.m., firefighters responded to an alarm at 410 S. Indiana. Nothing was found and they returned to the station at 1:40 a.m.
* At 10:47 a.m., firefighters responded to an unconscious person at 103 Westwood Road, Fillmore. They returned to the station at 12:02 p.m.
* At 2:41 p.m., firefighters responded to a reported bomb scare at 121 Ridgeland Road. They returned to the station at 3:15 p.m.
* At 10:18 p.m., firefighters responded to a malfunctioning alarm at 446 Anderson St. They returned to the station at 10:47 p.m.
* At 12:03 a.m., firefighters responded to a gas odor at 330 Greenwood Avenue. They notified the gas company and returned to the station at 1:27 a.m.
* At 6:15 a.m., firefighters responded to 8869 N. CR 250 East (North Putnam Schools) for a chemical smell resulting from pool chemicals. They returned to the station at 10:41 a.m.
A witness to an accident in downtown Greencastle involving a bicyclist and a car on Thursday, Sept. 27 reports that the teenager was not struck by the auto, but ran into the side of the car.
* * *
The phone number of Mill Pond Health Campus was incorrectly listed in the Putnam County Directory, issued Thursday, Sept. 27. The correct phone number is 653-4397.
* * *
The window hours for the Roachdale Post Office has been changed to 8:30-11 a.m. and noon-3:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. And 8:30-10:30 a.m. Saturdays. Lobby times are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The phone number is 522-1318.