Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs.
* At 12:28 p.m., firefighters responded to East Gardenside Drive. They were disregarded and returned at 12:36 p.m.
* At 2:47 p.m., crews were dispatched to the Putnam County Hospital for a fire alarm. They were disregarded and returned at 2:52 a.m.
* At 3:10 p.m., firefighters responded to 1300 S. Bloomington St. for a lift assist. They were back on base at 3:21 p.m.
* At 5:10 p.m., firefighters responded to a lift assist call. They returned at 5:19 p.m.
* At 6:20 p.m., crews responded to DePauw University student housing at 409 S. Jackson St. They returned at 6:27 p.m.
* At 1:49 a.m., firefighters responded to a car crash at Anderson and Bloomington streets. They received a disregard en route and were back on station at 1:54 a.m.
* At 9:42 a.m., fire crews were called to the Greencastle Schools office, 522 Anderson St., for a complaint of smoke in the building. Firefighters found a bad light ballast that was to blame and returned on station at 9:58 a.m.
* At 10:24 a.m., firefighters were called to the Putnam County Hospital for fire alarm. Nothing was found they returned to station at 10:57 a.m.
* At 2:50 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to Percy L. Julian Drive and Indianapolis Road for a smoke investigation. They found nothing and returned at 3:10 a.m.
* At 11:52 a.m., crews were called to 413 S. Locust St. for a fire alarm. The alarm was found to be malfunctioning and firefighters returned at 12:08 p.m.
* At 1209 p.m.,, fighters were dispatched to 436 S. Bloomington St. for dryer fire caused by an electrical malfunction. The fire was out when crews arrive and they returned to base at 12:58 p.m.
* At 10:32 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to 509 S. Locust St. for a fire alarm call. They found nothing and returned at 10:52 p.m.