Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Mark Gabriel Albright, 22, Greencastle, was booked in at 4:53 p.m. Friday for residential entry and theft. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Michael Collins.
* Scott T. O'Neil, 21, Greencastle, was booked in at 3:23 a.m. Saturday for possession of alcohol by a minor, driving while intoxicated, possession of paraphernalia and furnishing false evidence of identity. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Matthew Huffman. He was released on $500 bond at 1:34 p.m. Saturday.
* Michael Below, 28, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:31 p.m. Saturday for fraud and theft. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Bunten.
* Samantha A. Berry, 33, Bainbridge, was booked in at 12:21 a.m. Sunday for public intoxication, disorderly conduct and resisting law enforcement. She was arrested by Bainbridge Marshal Rodney Fenwick.
* Jose Jesus Garcia, 19, Greencastle, was booked in at 1:58 a.m. Sunday for public intoxication, false reporting or informing and possession of alcohol by a minor. He was arrested by DePauw Officer David Barber. He was released on his own recognizance at 12:26 p.m. Sunday.
* Garry Dean Rigney, 26, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:37 p.m. Monday for violation of home detention and reckless possession of paraphernalia. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Chris Jones.
Two firefighters on their way to a fire crashed Monday afternoon on County Road 450 South near County Road 315 West.
Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Craig Sibbitt responded to the scene at 3:03 p.m.
Kenneth L. Hurst, 28, of Reelsville, was driving east on County Road 450 South with John McPherson, 33, of Reelsvile, behind him.
McPherson told police that when Hurst began to pull into a driveway on the left side of the road, he thought Hurst was actually pulling over to the right, according to a police report.
The two vehicles collided and McPherson's truck damaged a mailbox on the side of the road, as well, the report said.
Damage is estimated at between $2,500 and $5,000.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs.
* At 9:58 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to 1216 S. Bloomington St. to help Operation Life on a lift assist. They were back on station at 10:16 p.m.
* At 6:04 a.m., crews were called to 2601 E. State Road 240 for a fire alarm. The found nothing and returned at 6:38 a.m.
* At 9:27 a.m., firefighters responded to 1421 S. Bloomington St. for a burning smell. They found nothing and were back on base at 9:40 a.m.
* At 3:54 p.m., crews were dispatched to 1216 S. Bloomington St. for a lift assist. They returned at 4:23 p.m.