Putnam Scanner Nov. 9, 2007
Putnam County Jail
* William Mark Dower, 46, of Cape Coral, Fla., was booked into the Putnam County Jail at 12:36 a.m. on Nov. 7 after an arrest by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Joe Tesmer for public intoxication. He was released on his won recognizance at 9:39 a.m.
* Stanley E. McKinney, 26, Greencastle, was booked into the Putnam County Jail at 10:54 a.m. Wednesday. McKinney was arrested by Greencastle Police Sgt. Chris Jones for operating while suspended or revoked and a prior infraction of driving while suspended or revoked. No release date has been set pending a petition to revoke probation.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Department investigated the following accidents:
* Linda McCalister, 47, of Greencastle was involved in a car-deer collision on while driving east on State Road 240 near Greencastle at 6 p.m. on Wednesday. McCalister told Lt. Doug Nally of the Putnam County Sheriff's Department that she was westbound on SR240 driving through Chadd Valley when a deer ran into the path of her red GMC pick-up and she was unable to avoid a collision. Damage is estimated at $5,000-10,000.
* Robert J Bible, 35, of Terre Haute, was reported a single vehicle accident at 5:45 a.m. Sunday. Bible told Lt. Danny Wallace of the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept., who investigated the accident, that he was north bound on CR150 near Limedale when a deer ran in front of his vehicle and he was unable to avoid a collision. Damage to Bible's Blue 1996 Pontiac Grand AM was estimated at $1000 to $2,500.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
* Fire officials were dispatched to 616 South College St. at 1:26 p.m. to respond to a fire alarm. They were disregarded at 1:29 p.m. before leaving the station.