Greencastle police investigated an accident at 9:42 a.m. Thursday at Washington and Locust streets.
Capt. Mike Hanlon reported that Stephanie Kline 34, Greencastle, was driving north in a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire when she stopped at the intersection and started to pull across Washington Street. She said she did not see a 2008 Ford Fusion driven by Kenneth Hauser, 70, Greencastle, that was westbound. The cars collided, pushing the Ford against a curb and street sign.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000. Officer Albert Epple assisted at the scene.
Meanwhile in accidents:
* Officer Jeff Modlin and Sgt. Charles Inman responded to a single-vehicle crash at 7:30 p.m. Sunday on Jackson Street at Green Street.
Charlotte Stewart, 63, Greencastle, said she was driving on Jackson Street when she hit a large drop off in the road. She told officers that there were no traffic control devises around the area to warn her of the hole, the report said.
The crash caused between $750 and $1,000 in damage.
* Officer Ed Wilson responded to a fender bender at 2:25 p.m. Monday at Bloomington and Washington streets.
Peggy Miller, 74, Greencastle, was topped in traffic when Marvin Ryan, 49, Greencastle, failed to stop in time and rear-ended Miller, according to a police report.
Damage is estimated at $2,500 and $5,000.
Officer Modlin responded to a single vehicle crash at 9:57 p.m. Monday on Judson Drive.
Stephanie Zimmerman told police she was driving north on Judson when a front tire came off her 1995 Dodge Stratus, the police report said.
Damage was estimated at $1,000 to $2,500.
* Christopher Busa, 29, Chicago, was ticketed at Larabee and Indiana streets for disregarding a stop sign at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. He was ticketed by Assistant Chief Brian Hopkins.
* Hollis Shepherd, 45, Crawfordsville, was ticketed at 2:55 p.m. Thursday on Bloomington Street for an expired driver's license. He was cited by Officer Travis DeLaGrange.
* Michelle Elliott, 36, Greencastle, was ticketed at Washington and Bloomington streets for driving while suspended at 8 p.m. Thursday. She was cited by Officer Matt Huffman.
Putnam County Jail
One person was booked into the Putnam County jail recently:
* At 12:40 a.m. on Thursday, Kenneth Anderson, 36, Massillon, Ohio, was booked into the Putnam County Jail for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Anderson was arrested by Indiana State Police Trooper M.J. Wood.
Putnam County Sheriff's deputies responded to several crashes recently.
* Deputy Ronnie Campbell responded to a car-deer crash at 8:25 p.m. Monday at U.S. 231 and U.S. 36.
George H. Smith, 47, Ellettsville, Ind., was driving south on U.S. 231 when a deer jumped in front of his car. He hit the deer with his 2005 Scion, causing between $1,000 and $2,500 in damage.
* Deputy Virgil Lanning responded to a single vehicle crash at 6:01 a.m. Wednesday on County Road 75 South near County Road 725 West.
Shawnna L. Beirman, 28, Rockville, was driving east on County Road 75 South when she lost control of her 1994 Geo Prizm as she was approaching a curve and stuck a log, the report said.
She sustained a fracture to her lower arm and damage was estimated between $1,000 to $2,500, the report said.
* Deputy Gregg Slover responded to a single vehicle crash at 6:51 a.m. Wednesday on I-70 West at the 36 mile marker.
Erika N. Collins, 18, Fillmore, told police she was driving west on I-70 when she tried to avoid hitting a tractor that entered her lane. She lost control of her 1998 Pontiac Sunfire and hit a guardrail head-on.
She was taken to Putnam County Hospital with a complaint of pain to her head.
* Sgt. Tom Helmer responded to a car-deer crash at 10:20 p.m. Wednesday on County Road 1000 South near County 90 East.
Chris A. Borer, 41, Cloverdale said he was driving west on County Road 1000 South when a deer walked into the roadway. He swerved to avoid the crash, but caught the deer's antler on his driver-side mirror. Damage was less than $750.