Several accidents were handled by the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept.
* At 4:10 p.m. Nov. 5, Sgt. Don Pettit responded to a car-deer collision on U.S. 40 near County Road 900 West. Todd Jacoby, 40, Carbon, Ind., reported that he was just east of the Clay/Putnam County line when a deer entered the roadway striking front driver side of his 2007 Honda Civic. Damage was estimated at $2,500 to $5,000.
* At 6:55 p.m. Nov. 7, Deputy Ronnie Campbell responded to a collision on I-70 near State Road 243. According to reports, Vicki Lynn Osborne, 40, Campbell, Texas, was eastbound on I-70 when she hit a bump in the road causing her trailer to become unhitched, crossing the median and colliding with a vehicle driven by Joshua A. Barger, 24, Indianapolis. Damage from the collision was estimated at $1,000 to $2,500.
* At 9:47 a.m. Nov. 8, Sgt. Pettit responded to a car-deer collision on U.S. 231 North near CR 1200 North. Craig Proctor, 25, Russellville, reported that he was traveling south on U.S. 231 in a 2007 Ford Explorer, when a deer entered the roadway and he was unable to avoid a collision. Damage was estimated at $1,000 to $2,500.
* At 6:42 p.m. Nov. 12, Sgt. Pettit investigated a single vehicle accident involving Michael Jordan, 21, Cloverdale. Jordan told the investigator he was traveling northbound on CR 825 East, just south of CR 800 when he struck a mailbox after he veered to the right to avoid striking a farm tractor that was southbound in the middle of the roadway. The mailbox was owned by Bob Williams, at 8040 S. CR 825 East, Cloverdale. Combined damage to Jordan's 1997 Chevy Cavalier and the mailbox was $750 to $1,000.
* At 3:34 p.m. Nov. 14, Deputy Campbell responded to a collision near the intersection of U.S. 231 and Boone Street in Cloverdale. Marlena Settle, 16, Poland, told investigators that her brakes failed in her 1998 Ford Tempo. Settle struck Terri Terry, 57, Cloverdale, from behind as she slowed to turn into the pharmacy. Terry was driving a 1993 Ford Festiva.
* At 9:50 p.m. Nov. 15, Sgt. Pettit arrived at the scene of a car-deer collision on U.S. 40 West near the intersection with State Road 243. David Thomas, 35, Brazil, reported he was westbound and was unable to avoid striking a deer that entered the roadway with his 2003 Ford F350. Damage was estimated at $1,000 to $2,500.
* At 9:02 p.m. Nov 18, Deputy Ronnie Campbell arrived at the scene of a single car collision on U.S. 231 near the intersection of U.S. 36. David Query, 26, Greencastle, informed the investigator that he was headed south when the turbo on his diesel pooled, causing him to slide sideways. He was unable to regain control of his 1999 Ford F250 that hit a ditch and rolled over. Damage was estimated at $5,000 to $10,000.