Three accidents were investigated by the Putnam County Sheriff's Depart-ment recently.
* At 11:10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 22, a truck hit a deer on Interstate 70 at the 34-mile-marker.
Deputy Tom Helmer reported that Larry Underhill, Evansville, was driving his 2007 Chevrolet Uplander eastbound when the deer ran into the roadway. He was unable to avoid the collision because he was passing a semi-tractor trailer at the time.
Damage was estimated at less than $750.
* At 7:32 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, a car hit a deer on Ind. 240 at CR 525 East.
Deputy Gary Boler reported that Monte L. Bradley, Danville, was driving his 2007 Chevrolet TRL westbound when the deer ran into the roadway, and he was unable to avoid hitting the animal.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-10,000.
* At 8:40 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 25, semi-tractor trailer hit a car and left the scene at the Cloverdale McDonald's restaurant.
Deputy Virgil Lanning reported that Jason Perry, Linden, Mich., had parked his 2007 Ford Focus on Main Street on the side of the road and was eating at McDonald's when a semi-tractor trailer, making a turn, hit the trailer hooked onto the back of the Ford Focus. The semi driver left the scene and no plate information was obtained.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000.
Putnam County Jail
Seven people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Bradley Allen Branneman, 40, Cloverdale, was booked in at 10:18 a.m. Tuesday for failure to appear in court. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Mark Anderson, 19, Cloverdale, was booked in at 2:01 p.m. Tuesday for theft and mischief. He was arrested at PCJ and released on his own recognizance at 2:34 p.m. Tuesday.
* Chris Patrick Dunn, 37, Indianapolis, was booked in at 3:25 p.m. Tuesday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Robert D. Bottoms, 50, Roachdale, was booked in at 9:07 p.m. Tuesday for driving while intoxicated and public intoxication. He was arrested by Deputy Doug Nally and released at 6:53 p.m. Wednesday after posting bond.
* Tamara S. Brown, 25, Greencastle, was booked in at 3:58 a.m. Wednesday for public intoxication and theft. She was arrested by Greencastle Officer Jeff Modlin. She was released on her own recognizance at 3:45 p.m. Wednesday.
* Garry D. Rigney, 26, Greencastle, was booked in at 10:13 p.m. Wednesday for battery and on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Mark Anderson, 19, Cloverdale, was booked in at 10:14 a.m. Thursday for burglary, receiving stolen property and theft. He was arrested by Deputy Gregg Slover.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four runs recently.
* At 1:41 p.m., firefighters responded to 1216 S. Bloomington St. for a lift assist. They were back on station at 1:57 p.m.
* At 4:59 p.m., crews responded to 1216 S. Bloomington St. for a lift assist. They returned at 5:07 p.m.
* At 4:58 p.m., firefighters responded to Goodwill, 21 North Indiana St., for an odor investigation. They found nothing and were back on base at 5:07 p.m.
* At 5:44 p.m., firefighters responded to 84 South St. to rescue a cat stuck in a tree. They returned at 6:13 p.m.