Several accidents were investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* Lt. Danny Wallace responded to a single-car crash at 1:30 p.m. Saturday on County Road 125 West near County Road 175 West.
Cynthia D. Boswell, 33, Greencastle, told police she was driving east on County Road 125 South when she hit a patch of ice on the road and lost control of her 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer, according to a police report. The SUV rolled and went through a fence before coming to rest in a yard on the north side of the report, the report said. The crash caused $5,000 to $10,000 and Boswell had a complaint of chest pain.
* Less than an hour later, at 2:20 p.m., Wallace responded to a three-car pileup on County Road 175 West near County Road 125 South,
Amber N. Dilbeck, 20, Bloomington, was driving her 2001 Kia Optima east on County Road 175 South when she hit her brakes, causing Brittany R. Adamson, 18, Greencastle, to slide on the ice and rear-end Dilbeck with her 1990 Lincoln Continental, according to a police report.
This caused Erin K. Batta, 27, Greencastle, driving a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse, to hit Adamson's car, causing $10,000 to $25,000 in damage, the report said.
* At 2:20 p.m., Deputy Mike Downing responded to a single-car crash on U.S. 40 near County Road 625 West.
Dawn Kimberly Rogers told police she was driving east on U.S. 40 when she lost control of her 1999 Mercury Marquis because of the ice on the roads and slid into a guardrail, the report said.
The crash caused $5,000 to $10000 in damage.
* At 3:05 p.m., Wallace responded to single-vehicle crash on County Road 500 North near County Road 325 West.
Edward J. McGovern, 73, Greencastle, told police he was driving west on County Road 500 North when he hit a patch of ice and lost control of his 1996 Dodge Ram pickup truck, overturning it in a cornfield on the north side of the road, according to a police report.
The crash caused between $5,000 and $10,000 in damage.
* At 4 p.m., Deputy Joe Tesmer responded to a single vehicle crash on County Road 825 East near County Road 700 South.
Rebecca M. Burnham, 23, Plainfield, was driving north on County Road 825 East, crossing the Interstate 70 overpass when she hit a patch of ice, causing her 2000 Jeep Cherokee to slide into a guardrail, according to Tesmer's report.
The crashed caused between $2,500 and $5,000 in damage.
No one reported being seriously injured in these crashes.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department went on several runs recently:
* At 9:24 p.m. on Friday, fire crews were dispatched to Greencastle High School to assist Putnam County Operation Life with a patient. They returned to the station at 10:05 p.m.
* At 11:22 p.m. Friday, crews were dispatched to investigate the slight odor of natural gas on Indianapolis Road between Kroger and Headley Hardware Store. Nothing was found and crews returned to the station at 1:16 a.m.
* At 3:31 a.m. Saturday, crews were dispatched to 807 S. College St. but disregarded before leaving the station.
* At 1:26 p.m. Saturday crews were dispatched to the intersection of U.S. 231 and Jackson Street, but were disregarded at 1:29 p.m., before leaving the station.
* At 1:38 p.m. Saturday, crews were dispatched to assist with a motor vehicle accident at 1061 S. County Road 175 W. A vehicle was inverted and there was one patient on the scene, but no fluid spills. Crews cleared the scene at 1:57 p.m. just in time to respond to another accident at the same location. That scene was cleared at 2:25 p.m. and fire officials advised Putnam County officials to salt the roads because both accidents were caused by icy weather conditions.
* At 3 a.m. Saturday, fire crews were dispatched to 208 E. Olive St. to respond to a pulled fire alarm. They were disregarded before leaving the station at 3:03 a.m.
* At 3:15 a.m. Saturday, crews were dispatched to 807 S. College St. They were disregarded before leaving the station at 3:17 a.m.
* At 3:36 p.m. Saturday, crews were dispatched to the intersection of Hanna and Jackson Streets to clean up fluids spilled after a automobile collision. Crews cleared the scene at 3:57 p.m.
* At 6:20 p.m. Saturday, crews were dispatched to the entrance of Jaycee Park on Airport Road to assist with traffic control surrounding a downed power line. Fire officials cleared the scene at 6:43 p.m.
* At 9:54 a.m. Monday, crews were dispatched to 303 South Locust St. to respond to an activated fire alarm. Officials restored the alarm and returned to the station at 10:10 a.m.