Putnam County Jail
Four people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently:
* Tonya Marie Benassi, 34, Fillmore, was booked in at 6:31 p.m. Wednesday by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Gregg Slover for reckless homicide and criminal recklessness with a vehicle. She was being held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
* Mark Thomas Breedlove, 35, Roachdale, was booked in at 8:14 a.m. Thursday by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Don Lewis for domestic batter. He was released six hours later on time served.
* Jennifer Louise Martin, 23, Roachdale, was booked in at 8:43 a.m. Thursday by Putnam County sheriff's Deputy Don Lewis for domestic battery. She was released six hours later on time served.
* Nathan Anthony Hoffman, 19, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:36 p.m. Thursday by Greencastle Police officer Darrel Bunten on a petition to revoke probation.
Putnam County Sheriff's Deputies reported that they were dispatched to one crash recently.
* Deputy Doug Nally responded to a car-deer crash at 9:32 p.m. Tuesday on County Road 375 North near County Road 500 West.
Michael L. Taylor, 32, Greencastle, told police he was driving east on County Road 375 North when a deer jumped into the path of his pickup truck, according to a police report.
He hit the deer with his 1989 Chevrolet, causing $1,000 to $2,500 in damage.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department went on two runs Thursday.
* At 8:03 a.m. crews were dispatched on a carbon monoxide investigation at 508 Ohio St. No problem was found and they returned to the station at 8:41 a.m.
* At 1:16 p.m. crews were dispatched to Wal-Mart at 750 Indianapolis Rd. to responded to an alarm set off by the store's sprinkler system. A frozen sprinkler head activated the system. Crews were able to stop the flow of water and returned to the station at 1:46 p.m.