Putnam County Jail
Five people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Michael E.T. Wellington, 36, Cloverdale, was booked in at 4 p.m. Friday for harassment and invasion of privacy. He was arrested by Reserve Deputy Tesmer.
* Angela J. Rivers, 43, Greencastle, was booked in at 1;51 a.m. Saturday for intimidation, criminal recklessness with a vehicle and disorderly conduct. She was arrested by Greencastle Officer Jeff Modlin.
* Anthony Joe Spiker, 24, Greencastle, was booked in at 4:41 a.m. Saturday for possession of paraphernalia. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Eric Vaughan.
* James Patrick Terry, 44, Greencastle, was booked in at 4:59 a.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated and public intoxication. He was arrested by DePauw Officer David Barber.
* Shawn Michael Falls, 33, Indianapolis, was booked in at 5:39 p.m. Sunday on an out-of-county hold. He was arrested by ISP Trooper Patterson.
Reelsville Fire Dept.
The Reelsville Fire Department responded to a fire that leveled an abandoned farmhouse Friday morning.
Firefighters arrived on scene at 7:32 a.m. at 5800 S. CR 900 West near Reelsville and found the house almost demolished, Fire chief John McPherson told the BannerGraphic.
No one had lived in the two-story house since 1984 and the property owner had been using it for storage, McPherson said. It had been burning for quite some time before the fire department was called, he added.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, though McPherson said he believes the cause was likely electrical.
Damage is estimated at less than $10,000.
Greencastle Fire Department, Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department and Madison Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted Reelsville at the scene.
Firefighters returned to the station at 9:03 a.m.