Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs.
* At 1:10 a.m., firefighters responded to an attic fire at The Waters of Greencastle. They extinguished the small fire, which damaged some drywall, and returned to the station at 3 a.m.
* At 2:08 p.m., firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide detector investigation at 1526 E. CR 350 South. They returned to the station at 3:26 p.m.
* At 8:50 a.m., firefighters responded to a malfunctioning sprinkler system at 311 S. Locust St. They returned to the station at 9:06 a.m.
* At 3:10 a.m., firefighters responded to a malfunctioning alarm at 522 Anderson St. They returned to the station at 3:32 a.m.
* At 3:35 p.m., firefighters responded to an alarm at 1216 S. Bloomington St. They returned to the station at 3:45 p.m.
* At 8:50 a.m., firefighters were called to 311 S. Locust St. for a malfunctioning sprinkler system. They returned to the station at 9:50 a.m.
* At 11:56 a.m., firefighters provided lift assistance at 315 Wood St. They returned to the station at 12:17 p.m.
In the Dec. 24 story in the BannerGraphic "Audit shows ongoing problems with PCSD Commissary Fund," the dates of the exit interviews with State Board of Accounts auditors for the 2002 Sheriff's Department audit were incorrect.
Auditors met with former Sheriff Tom Helmer June 17, 2003. They met with Sheriff Mark Frisbie June 18, 2003 and with County Commissioner President Don Walton and County Council President Mitch Proctor Aug. 11, 2003.
All officials, including Frisbie, concurred with the findings of the report, according to the audit.