Several tickets were issued and one accident investigated by the Greencastle Police Department.
* At 9:10 p.m. Dec. 22, Loren Ashcraft, 17, Fillmore, was cited on Veterans Highway and Bloomington Street for failure to yield. Ashcraft was ticketed by Officer Jeff Modlin.
Officer Eric Vaughan issued the following tickets:
* At 1:35 a.m. Dec. 22, Joshua Gray, 18, Greencastle, was ticketed on U.S. 231 South for minor consumption alcohol.
* At 7:18 p.m. Dec. 22, Howard Gray, 38, Greencastle, was cited on U.S. 231 North at CR 200 North for false or fictitious registration.
* At 9:28 p.m. Wednesday, Sky Frederick, 19, was cited on Bloomington Street for driving while suspended with prior citation.
Officer Darrel Bunten issued the following tickets:
* At 7:09 p.m. Wednesday, William Cath, 20, Greencastle, was cited on Bloomington Street for speeding 45 in a 30-mph zone.
* At 2:24 p.m. Thursday, Eric Rumley, 20, Greencastle, was cited on Veterans Highway for an expired plate.
* At 10:41 p.m., Andrew Tyler, 26, Greencastle, was cited on Bloomington Street for speeding 45 in a 30-mph zone.
* At 5:40 p.m. Dec. 22, Jordan Readinger, 27, West Terre Haute, was cited on Ind. 240 at Percy Julian Drive for speeding 55 in a 40 mph zone. Readinger was ticketed by Officer Chris Helmer.
Officer Ed Wilson issued the following tickets:
* At 6:30 p.m. Dec. 21, Kent Rooker II, 41, Greencastle, was cited on Indianapolis Road for driving while suspended, infraction.
* At 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Corey Whelcher, 19, Greencastle, was cited on South Jackson Street for speeding 45 in a 30-mph zone.
* At 10:25 p.m. Dec. 20, Robert Smoot, 19, Greencastle, was cited on Bloomington Street for no license when required. He was ticketed by Sgt. Charles Inman Jr.
Meanwhile, two cars collided at the intersection of Gillespie and Washington streets on Thursday.
Sgt. Charles Inman Jr., assisted by Officers Bunten and Huffman, reported that Richard Greene, 17, Greencastle, was driving southbound on Gillespie in a 1995 Saturn. A white-colored vehicle disregarded the stopsign and struck Greene's vehicle. The vehicle then fled the scene in the northbound direction on Gillespie Street.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Greencastle firefighters responded to two runs recently.
* At 10:05 p.m. Thursday, firefighters went to 1549 Bloomington St. for a property-damage accident. They returned to station at 10:20 p.m.
* At 1:12 a.m., firefighters went to Harmless Laundry, 602 N. Jackson St. ,to investigate a smoke smell. They found no cause and returned to the station at 1:36 a.m.