Two accidents were investigated by Deputy Danny Wallace of the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* At 6:34 a.m. Monday, it was reported that Ronald Dorsey Carter, Poland, was driving a 1998 Ford Ranger eastbound on Indiana SR 42 W when he slid off the icy surface of the road and struck a utility pole. Damage was estimated to be in excess of $5,000.
* Later that morning, it was reported that Marcy L. Moore, Brazil, was driving a 2001 Ford Explorer when it began sliding on the icy roadway and crossed over the median into the path of a 2001 Mack tractor-trailer driven by Jack E. Day, Chardon, Ohio. Day swerve to avoid contact with Moore's vehicle, but was unable to avoid a collision. Damage to both vehicles was estimated to be in excess of $10,000.
Putnam County Jail
Nine people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Anne Clodfelter, 43, Cloverdale, was booked in at 10 p.m. Sunday for public intoxication and battery. She was arrested by Deputy Doug Nally. She was released on bond at 4:18 p.m. Monday.
* Joseph Howard Aton, 57, Cloverdale, was booked in at 10:34 p.m. Sunday for battery and public intoxication. He was arrested by Deputy Nally. He was released on bond at 4:14 p.m. Monday.
* Dennis Charles Cheney, 23, Greencastle, was booked in at 12:56 a.m. Sunday for driving while intoxicated and public intoxication. He was arrested by Deputy Craig Sibbitt. He was released on $500 bond at 4:32 p.m. Monday.
* Joseph Wayne Taylor, 28, Quincy, was booked in at 3:12 a.m. Monday for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. He was arrested by Deputy Sibbitt.
* Alex Loren Krouse, 23, Cloverdale, was booked in at 10:41 a.m. Monday on a warrant for failure to appear in court. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Jason Buford Ison, 25, Indianapolis, was booked in at 2:20 p.m. Monday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Clifford W. Hulse, 54, Greencastle, was booked in at 1:42 a.m. Tuesday for battery. He was arrested by Nally.
* Brett A. Shipp, 22, Greencastle, was booked in at 3:38 a.m. Tuesday for public intoxication and driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Matt Huffman. He was released on $500 bond at 7:59 a.m. Tuesday.
* Michael Anthony Ali, 32, Coatesville, was booked in at 11:35 a.m. Tuesday for battery. He was arrested by Lt. Danny Wallace.
Due to misinformation supplied to the Banner Graphic, an incorrect name was printed in Thursday's issue.
The name appeared in the story about the Chamber of Commerce annual dinner. Band member Wade Terry's name was incorrectly listed as Terry Wade.