Putnam County Jail
Six people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Judith Lee Wood, 29, Indianapolis, was booked in at 3:10 p.m. Wednesday for failure to appear in court. She was arrested by Civil Deputy Mike O'Hair.
* David Blanton, 23, Greencastle, was booked in at 3:02 a.m. Thursday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Eric Vaughan.
* Shane M. Ronan, 20, Quincy, was booked in at 4:40 a.m. Thursday for burglary. He was booked in at PCJ.
* Kyle B. Kramer, 21, Indianapolis, was booked in at 4:42 a.m. Thursday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested at PCJ.
* William Wayne Murray, 28, Beech Grove, was booked in at 4:57 a.m. Thursday for failure to appear in court. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Rita Kay Lang, 56, Indianapolis, was booked in at 11:44 a.m. Thursday for theft. She was arrested by ISP Sgt. Scott Stockton.
One accident was investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* At 10:05 p.m. Wednesday, a car hit a deer on U.S. 36 at CR 475 East.
Deputy Tom Helmer reported that Mikee Edwards, Crawfordsville, was driving a 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette westbound when several deer entered the roadway. He slowed to avoid a collision, but the deer ran into his path.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-2,500.
The candidates for South Putnam homecoming king were incorrectly identified in a photograph on Thursday. The actual candidates are (from left) Tyler Pittman, Adam Hammond, Tyler Newby and Adam Davies.