Several tickets were issued recently by the Greencastle Police Department.
* At 3:33 p.m. Jan. 16, Lisa Hutcheson, 26, Brazil, was cited in the Wal-Mart parking lot for driving while suspended infraction. She was ticketed by Officer Ed Wilson.
* At 12:15 a.m., Brandie Williams, 30, Greencastle, was cited on Beveridge Street for driving while suspended with prior conviction. She was ticketed by Officer Matt Huffman.
* At 2:49 p.m. Jan. 15, Daniel Paige, 33, Indianapolis, was cited on Veteran's Highway for driving 45 in a 25-mph school zone and driving while suspended infraction. He was ticketed by Officer Darrel Bunten.
* At 3:16 p.m. Jan. 15, Darrell Knauss II, 17, Indianapolis, was cited on Veteran's Highway for a 44 in a 25-mph school zone. He was ticketed by Bunten.
* At 5:49 p.m. Jan. 15, Kristina McAllister, 44, Reelsville, was cited on South Jackson Street for a 44 in a 30-mpz zone. She was ticketed by Bunten.
* At 4:43 p.m. Jan. 17, Nicholas Pritchard, 19, Greencastle, was cited on Veteran's Highway for a 55 in a 40-mph zone. He was ticketed by Bunten.
* At 5:01 p.m. Jan. 17, Gerald Sweat, 32, Umatilla, Fla., was cited on Veteran's Highway for a 56 in a 40-mph zone. He was ticketed by Bunten.
* At 5:19 p.m. Jan. 17, Regina Wiley, 40, Quincy, was cited on Veteran's Highway for a 55 in a 40-mph zone. She was ticketed by Bunten.
Meanwhile, two accidents were investigated by city police.
* At 2:39 p.m. Jan. 16, two cars collided at Poplar and Jackson streets.
Officer Ed Wilson reported that Clarissa Rader, 34, Greencastle, was driving a 2005 Pontiac Montana southbound on Jackson when a 1995 Chevrolet, driven by Elizabeth Clevenger, 86, Greencastle, pulled into her path from Poplar.
Clevenger was attempting to cross Jackson Street westbound on Poplar and advised that her view was obstructed by parked vehicles and she did not see the approaching car.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000. Officer Chris Helmer assisted at the scene.
* At 3:14 p.m. Jan. 16, two cars bumped into each other at Indianapolis Road and Calbert Way.
Officer Chris Helmer reported that Francis Gibson Jr., 40, Greencastle, was driving a 1993 Dodge Dakota (registered to Tricia Branham) westbound on Indianapolis Road, approaching the stoplight at Calbert Way. A second vehicle, a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, driven by Kathy Baumgartner, 53, Greencastle, was stopped in traffic ahead of the Gibson vehicle.
A vehicle in front of Baumgartner began to move forward but then stopped. Baumgartner began to move forward but had to stop because the vehicle in front of her stopped. Gibson began to move forward and was unable to stop when Baumgartner stopped and collided with with Baumgartner.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-2,5000.
Putnam County Jail
Seven people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Albert W. Gilpin, 44, Indianapolis, was booked in at 5:49 a.m. Friday for driving after a lifetime suspension. He was arrested by Deputy Dwight Simmons. He was releaed on his own recognizance at 11:23 a.m. Friday.
* Brandon A. Miller, 26, Clayton, was booked in at 9:44 p.m. Friday for driving while intoxicated and public intoxication. He was arrested by Trooper Adam Edwards. He was released on $800 bond at 2:03 a.m. Saturday.
* James Alden Stone, 19, Greencastle, was booked in at 3:44 a.m. Saturday for public intoxication and possession of alcohol by a minor. He was arrested by DePauw Officer David B arber. He was released on his own recognizance at 10:07 a.m. Saturday.
* Michael Harrington, 34, Cloverdale, was booked in at 12:20 p.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Trooper J. Myers. He was releaed on $500 bond at 5:21 p.m. Saturday.
* Ryan Michael Muncie, 24, Greencastle, was booked in at 4:16 a.m. Sunday for driving while intoxicated and public intoxication. He was released at 5:40 p.m. Sunday on $500 bond.
* Kirby William Starkey, 28, Brazil, was booked in at 3:04 p.m. Monday for driving while suspended. He was arrested by Civil Deputy Mike O'Hair.
* Patricia Jo Hubbard, 29, North Salem, was booked in at 3:08 p.m. Monday on a petition to revoke probation. She was arrested at PCJ.