One accident was investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* At 3:32 p.m. Jan. 15, two cars collided at U.S. 231 and U.S. 40.
Deputy Joe Tesmer reported that Cassandra Jo Davis, Cloverdale, was driving a 2008 Ford Escape northbound and slowed down for a school bus. Behind her, in an unidentified vehicle, was Paige Niemyer, Cloverdale. Niemyer said she could not slow down in time and struck the Davis vehicle from behind.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-10,000.
Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Rod Gaffney, 47, Greencastle, was booked in at 7:10 p.m. Monday for driving while intoxicated. He was released at 1:19 a.m. Tuesday after posting bail.
* Donald McCracken, 35, Greencastle, was booked in at 10:06 p.m. Monday for battery. He was released on his recognizance at 2:47 p.m. Tuesday.
* Jason Lee Albertson, 24, Rockville, was booked in at 11 p.m. Monday for public intoxication. He was released at 8:58 a.m. Tuesday after posting bail.
* Kyle Hyten, 18, Greencastle, was booked in at 5:06 p.m. Tuesday for domestic battery. He was arrested by Officer Darrel Bunten.
* Margaret Grigsby, 51, Brazil, was booked in at 9:59 a.m. Wednesday for receiving stolen property and unlicensed possession of a handgun. She was arrested by Greencastle Capt. Mike Hanlon.
* Charles Barton, 56, Crawfordsville, was booked in at 10:35 a.m. Wednesday for receiving stolen property. He was arrested by Capt. Hanlon.