Putnam County Jail
Six people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Robert Leo Daugherty, 61, Terre Haute, was booked in at 2:24 a.m. Monday for driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Deputy Dwight Simmons. He was released on $800 bond at 8:56 a.m. Monday.
* Rodney Carl Molchin, 47, Reelsville, was booked in at 8:46 p.m. Monday for violation of home detention. He was arrested at PCJ.
* Ray Keith Albright, 41, Roachdale, was booked in at 9:13 p.m. Monday for public intoxication and a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested by Deputy Gregg Slover.
* Robert Lee Boles, 45, Crawfordsville was booked in at 12:11 a.m. Tuesday for public intoxication. He was arrested by Roachdale Marshal Mike Mahoy. He was released at 8:31 a.m. Tuesday.
* Damon Dale Rubeck, 29, Cloverdale, was booked in at 12:40 a.m. Tuesday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested by Deputy Simmons.
* Andrew Allan O'Neal, 30, Greencastle, was booked in at 11:34 a.m. Tuesday for possession of paraphernalia and maintaining a common nuisance. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Ed Wilson.
Two people were injured in a two-vehicle accident on U.S. 36 at CR 300 East.
Deputy Mike Downing reported that David W. money, 35, Danville, was driving east in a 2000 Ford Explorer when he met an oncoming vehicle in his lane. Money said he drove to the right to avoid the other vehicle, but his vehicle was hit by a 1999 Chevrolet Blazer driven by Samuel J. Brewer, 65, 5527 E. CR 650 North, Bainbridge.
Brewer was injured and taken to Hendricks Regional Health in Danville. A passenger in Money's vehicle, his mother Marie, was also injured and transported to Danville.
Assisting at the scene were Bainbridge firefighters, Indiana State Police, Bainbridge police and other county deputies.
Damage was estimated at $25,000-$50,000.
* At 7:50 p.m. Friday, a truck hit a deer on U.S. 36 near CR 850 West.
Reserve Deputy Barry Barger reported that Mitchell W. Beck, 38, Rockville, was driving west in a 2001 Dodge when the animal ran in front of his truck and he could not avoid it.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
* At 9:39 p.m. Jan. 23, a car went off Ind. 243 near CF 1175 South.
Deputy Downing reported that a 1999 Dodge Caravan driven by Mark A. Hammond, Poland, went off the road in a curve. However, there was no one at the scene to give a statement.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.
At 11;30 p.m. Jan. 19, a car hit a mailbox on U.S. 231.
Deputy Rick Cooper reported that Antoinette C. Hassler, 18, Greencastle, was driving a 1996 Chevrolet Beretta when her passenger grabbed the steering wheel causing her to lose control of the car. The car ran off the road and hit a mailbox.
* At 11 p.m. Monday, the Indiana State Police, Putnam County Sheriff's Department and the Cloverdale Township Fire Department responded when high winds caused a tree to fall across two eastbound lanes of I-70 near the Cloverdale exit.
According to the ISP and fire officials, traffic was stopped for roughly 20 minutes while crews remove the tree.
Kim Wallace is the manager of the Russellville Saloon. Her name was switched to Williams in an article that appeared in Saturday's BannerGraphic.