Putnam County Jail
Two people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 11:49 a.m., Wednesday, John Randall Cox, 28, Coatesville, was booked into PCJ. Indiana State Police Trooper Chris Harcourt arrested Cox on two charges of auto theft and one charge of burglary.
* At 1:25 p.m., Wednesday, Jason Lee Jones, 28, Greencastle was booked into PCJ on a parole hold.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Numerous runs were made during the severe thunderstorms in Greenc-astle Tuesday night.
* At 6:42 p.m., firefighters were disregarded to a transformer on fire on North Indiana Street.
* At 7:12 p.m., a tree hit a gas meter at 212 N. Vine Street.
* At 7:23 p.m., wind damage and tree limbs down were reported at 22 N. Gillespie St.
* At 7:14 p.m., a tree fell on a driveway next to a house at 518 N. Indiana St.
* At 7:32 p.m., winds damaged a roof and a garage at 1319 W. CR 125 South.
* At 7:34 p.m., a garage was knocked down by winds, along with a porch and roof.
* At 7:44 p.m., a home was damaged along with a barn that was heavily damaged at 1582 W. CR 125 South.
* At 7:40 p.m., a power pole was reported down at the intersection of Poplar and Madison streets.
* At 7:52 p.m., a tree fell down and broke a power pole and left a transformer hanging down at 508 Arlington Street.
* At 7:53 p.m., firefighters investigated a number of barns and structures heavily damaged by winds at 2332 E. CR 125 N. They assisted Fillmore.
* At 8:54 p.m., firefighters investigated wind damage to the roof and contents of a home at 501 N. Indiana St.
* At 8:54 p.m., firefighters were disregarded to an alarm at 304 S. Indiana.
* At 9:17 p.m., firefighters removed a tree from the road on CR?275 East.
* At 9:29 p.m., wind damage was reported at 510 Moore Court.
* At 9:41 p.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm at 418 Anderson Street. They returned to the station at 10:03 p.m.
* At 10:18 p.m., they responded to a malfunctioning alarm at 415 S. Locust. They returned to the station at 10:36 p.m.
* At an unknown time, firefighters went to a home at 406 W. Liberty St. for wind damage to the side and porch.
* At 8 p.m., they went to 1269 W. CR 125 South damage to a house and power lines down. They returned to the station at 8:15 p.m.
* At 8:15 p.m., they went to 1285 W. CR?125 South for damage to a house and car in the driveway. They returned to the station at 8:25 p.m.
* At 8:30 p.m., they responded to debris that broke a window at 317 N. Jackson St.
* At 9:12 p.m., they went to CR?250 East for a barn that was destroyed.
* At 9:29 p.m., they returned to Moore Court for a trailer damaged by flying debris. They returned to the station at 9:47 p.m.
* At 1:49 a.m., firefighters responded to a power strip that was on fire at 303 S. Locust. Damage was estimated at $500.
* At 8:02 a.m., firefighters responded to 25 S. Indiana St. for wind damage to the roof of a downtown building. They inspected the bricks on the front of the building to see if they had been knocked loose. They returned to the station at 8:50 a.m.
* At 5:08 p.m., firefighters went to Autumn Glenn for a sprinkler that had a line break, which caused heavy water damage. They returned to the station at 6:12 p.m.