Two accidents were investigated recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* At 7:45 p.m. Sunday, a car hit a tree and caught fire on CR 600 East at CR 600 North.
Reserve Deputy Mike Downing reported that Jeremy Rich, Coatesville, was driving a 1992 Chevrolet Beretta and drove off the road in a curve, striking a tree and causing the car to catch on fire. Both Rich and his passenger, Casey Frayser were taken to the hospital for treatment. Floyd Twp. Fire was called to extinguish the fire.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000.
* At 8:34 p.m. Monday, a car drove off the road and hit a mailbox and power pole near 6627 South Manhattan Road.
Deputy Joe Tesmer reported that Jeremy D. Bunten, Poland, was driving a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier soutbound and lost control, hitting a mailbox, street sign and utility pole and coming to rest in a cornfield.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-10,000.
Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Joshua Paul Kennedy, 22, Coatesville, was booked in at 4:24 p.m. Monday on a petition to revoke probation. He was booked in at PCJ.
* Brett Ray Kizzee, 33, Mooresville, was booked in at 6:26 p.m. Monday on an out-of-county hold. He was arrested by Lt. Doug Nally.
* Jeff Mead, 45, Marshall, Ill., was booked in at 1:44 a.m. Tuesday for public intoxication and driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Deputy Craig Sibbett.
* James Cody Sutherlin, 20, Fillmore, was booked in at 5:02 a.m. Tuesday for possession of alcohol by a minor, theft, burglary and trespass. He was arrested by Sgt. Tom Helmer.
* Guy D. Stewart, 42, Greencastle, was booked in at 10:12 a.m. Tuesday for driving while intoxicated.
* Megan Ellen Deakins, 22, Indianapolis, was booked in at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday on a petition to revoke probation. She was arrested by GPD officer Chris Jones.
* John Michael Marlnee, 33, Huntington, was booked in at 12:06 p.m. Tuesday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested by Civil Deputy Mike O'Hair.
Greencastle Police Dept.
The Greencastle Police Department responded to two accidents recently.
* At 8 a.m., Jan. 30, Greencastle Police Capt. Michael Hanlon responded to a crash at the Intersection of Bloomington and Hanna Streets.
Jamarcus Smith, 26, Indianapolis, advised the officer that he was southbound in a 2002 Nissan Altima when a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero, driven by Lindsey Sutherlin, 22, Greencastle, pulled directly in from of him. Smith reported he was unable to avoid a collision. Sutherlin reported that she did not see the other vehicle as she pulled out of a parking lot and into the street. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated at $1,001 to $2,500.
* At 12:22 p.m., Jan. 28, Greencastle Police Officer Ed Wilson assisted by Sgt. Christopher Jones and Officer Christopher Helmer responded to a single vehicle crash in the Putnam Plaza parking lot.
Timothy Hooper, 30, West Terre Haute, driving a 2003 Ford cargo van registered to Electric of Terre Haute, AAA, told officers he was traveling through the parking lot when he failed to see a light pole and crashed into it. Damage was estimated at $1,001 to $5,000.
Meanwhile, officers issued the following tickets recently.
* At 9:25 p.m., Jan. 30, Sgt. Charles Inman issued a child restraint violation to Dannielle Allen, 22, Greencastle on Percy Julian Drive.
* At 8:10 p.m., Jan. 30, Inman cited Jacob Hanlon, 17, Fillmore for driving without proof of insurance.