The Greencastle Police Department responded to two accidents recently.
* At 8 a.m., Jan. 30, Greencastle Police Capt. Michael Hanlon responded to a crash at the Intersection of Bloomington and Hanna Streets.
Jamarcus Smith, 26, Indianapolis, advised the officer that he was southbound in a 2002 Nissan Altima when a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero, driven by Lindsey Sutherlin, 22, Greencastle, pulled directly in from of him. Smith reported he was unable to avoid a collision. Sutherlin reported that she did not see the other vehicle as she pulled out of a parking lot and into the street. No injuries were reported and damage was estimated at $1,001 to $2,500.
* At 12:22 p.m., Jan. 28, Greencastle Police Officer Ed Wilson assisted by Sgt. Christopher Jones and officer Christopher Helmer responded to a single vehicle crash in the Putnam Plaza parking lot.
Timothy Hooper, 30, West Terre Haute, driving a 2003 Ford cargo van registered to Electric of Terre Haute, AAA, told officers he was traveling through the parking lot when he failed to see a light pole and crashed into it. Damage was estimated at $1,001 to $5,000.
The Greencastle Police Department issued the following tickets recently:
* At 9:25 p.m., Jan. 30, Sgt. Charles Inman issued a child restraint violation to Dannielle Allen, 22, Greencastle on Percy Julian Drive.
* At 8:10 p.m., Jan. 30, Sgt. Charles Inman cited Jacob Handlon, 17, Fillmore for driving without proof of insurance.
* At 10:40 p.m. Jan. 31, Joshua Coon, 20, Cloverdale, was cited for driving while suspended infraction on Elizabeth Street. He was ticketed by Officer Matt Huffman.
* At 12:55 p.m. Jan. 31, Jason Servies, 34, Pittsboro, was cited for following too closely and for having an expired license plate on Ind. 240 East. He was ticketed by Officer Chris Helmer.
* At 3:10 a.m. Saturday, Teddy Blunk, 53, Martinsville, was cited for an improper license plate on Veteran's Memorial Highway. He was ticketed by Sgt. Charles Inman Jr.
* At 10 p.m. Saturday, Ryan Brunett, 29, Indianapolis, was cited for having no seatbelt on Indianapolis Road. He was ticketed by Officer Eric Vaughan.
* At 10 p.m. Saturday, William Crowley II, 30, Bloomington, was cited for not wearing a seatbelt on Indianapolis Road. He was ticketed by Officer Vaughan.
* At 2:12 p.m. Tuesday, Susan Billingsley, 58, Fillmore, was cited for a 54 in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street. She was ticketed by Officer Darrel Bunten.
* At 4:19 p.m. Tuesday, Stephanie M. Gore, 27, Poland, was cited for a 58 in a 40-mph zone on Veteran's Memorial Highway. She was ticketed by Officer Bunten.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Several runs were handled recently by Greencastle firefighters.
* At 12:47 a.m., firefighters were instructed to disregard en route to the Sigma Chi house at 311 S Locust St. They returned to the station at 12:51 a.m.
* At 5:31 p.m., crews were dispatched to 1145 Avenue E to investigate high water in the backyard of a residence. Firefighters diverted water away from the back door and returned to the station at 5:50 p.m.
* At 7:51 p.m., firefighters went to Daggy Street behind the Putnam inn for a blown fuse on a transformer. They were back in service at 8:22 p.m.
* At 9:35 p.m., firefighters went to CR 300 West for trees down on power lines. They were back in service at 8:12 p.m.
* At 9:40 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to Heartland Automotive, 300 S. Warren St., for a fire alarm. However, they were radioed to disregard the run before leaving station at 9:41 p.m.
* At 9:35 p.m., firefighters responded to 4328 N. U.S. 231 for wind damage to a barn. They were back in service at 9:43 p.m.
* At 9:43 p.m., firefighters went to U.S. 231 near Somerset Christian Church for investigation of power lines down. They were back in service at 9:47 p.m.
At 10:17 p.m., firefighters went to the Bainbridge Fire Station, 500 W. Pat Rady Way, after high winds damaged the building. They returned to station at 11:55 p.m.
* At 10:01 a.m., firefighters went to Bloomington and Seminary streets for a car fire. They were back in service at 10:34 a.m.
Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* John Michael Marnlee, 33, Huntington, was booked in at 12:06 p.m. Tuesday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested by Civil Deputy Mike O'Hair.
* Vince M. Baldwin, 22, Westfield, was booked in at 3:51 p.m. Tuesday on a court order. He was booked in at PCJ.
* Stephen Wayne Thompson, 25, Brownsburg, was booked in at 11:06 a.m. Wednesday on a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested by GPD officer Darrell Bunten.
* Kristie Ann Alley, 24, Russellville, was booked in at 12:48 p.m. Wednesday on a court order. She was arrested by Bainbridge Marshal Rodney Fenwick.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Dept. responded to one accident recently.
* At 1:40 p.m. Monday, two cars collided in the fog on CR 500 North and CR 400 East.
Deputy Don Lewis reported that Cody Boller, Jamestown, was driving northbound in a 1994 Mazda MX3 at 50 mph in a 45-mph zone. There was heavy fog and visibility was greatly reduced. The road surface was wet and the crash occurred at the crest of a hill. A 2000 Pontiac Grand Am, driven by Frank Williams, Greencastle, was westbound and slowed to turn into his driveway at 3676 E. CR 500 North. Boller did not see Williams until it was too late and struck the vehicle in the right rear fender. Williams did not see Boller until it was too late to avoid the crash.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-2,500.