In their regularly scheduled monthly meeting at the Arthur L. Johnson Administration Center, the Cloverdale Community School Corporation Board used the bulk of their time to address the ongoing facilities renovation project.
Superintendent Carrie Milner announced that CDI had been selected as the general contractor for the project. The board approved CDI and their initial bid of $1.62 million , which was over budget, and heard information from the project architect at the request of board member Tony Hacker, ten individual items within the project that came up for selection or deletion to bring CDI's bid to $1.44 million. They are:
* Auxiliary Gym Double-Wall Sheet Metal Duct Work estimated at $12,200. This item was deleted.
* Football Stadium Bleachers, Press Box, and Sidewalk estimated at $403,300. This item was selected.
* Elementary Gym Floor Replacement estimated at $68,500. This item was deleted.
* Telescoping Stands and Glass Railing in High School Gym estimated at $231,000. This item was selected.
* High School HVAC Including 3 Air Handlers/Duct Work estimated at $292,100. This item was selected.
* Security Doors and Hardware estimated at $131,000. This item was selected.
* 26x40 Administration Building Storage Addition estimated at $109,700. This item was deleted.
* 6-8 Additional Security Cameras estimated at $18,400. This item was selected
Two other line items, a Premium for Liquidated Damages and Builder's Risk Insurance, were presented as zero dollar items.
Hacker requested that the board re-consider the deletion of the elementary gym floor due to concerns he had with its safety. He also questioned the necessity of a card-reader security system as it compared with a standard lock system.
Board member Bobbi Neese responded to Hacker, stating that approval for all of the items presented had been discussed ad nauseum, and that further deliberation was unnecessary.
The board then voted to approve the selections and deletions with Hacker being a lone abstention.
In other business:
* Appointed Donna Fidler as a new board member.
* Offered the NEOLA Policy Manual for a first reading.
* Announced Annika Whiitlock, Mitchell Stacy and Brittney Hughes have been selected as Students of the Month.
* Announced that grants had been received for The Knoy Career Resource Center and the Western Crossroad High School Consortium.
* Approved numerous Facility Use, Professional Leave and Field Trip Requests.
* Received permission for the disposal of designated school property.
The following personnel matters were approved:
* Termination-Jessica Holsapple, Middle School Custodian
* Employment-Denise Roach, Elementary Teaching Assistant
* Transfer-Rick Jarrett, Part-Time to Full-Time Custodian, Coaching-Middle School, Susi Jordan, Girls Track, Andrew Tyler, Boys Track, Kevin Taylor, 7th Grade Baseball, Bill Boyette, 8th Grade Baseball
The Cloverdale Community School Corporation Board meets on the second Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m.