Greencastle Fire Dept.
Four runs were handled recently by Greencastle firefighters.
* At 9:57 a.m. Wednesday, crews were dispatched to 1744 Indianapolis Road to investigate a smoke detector problem. They returned to the station at 10:16 a.m.
* At 11:10 a.m. Wednesday, crews were dispatched to 250 S. Cemetery Road to assist with a vehicle accident. The vehicle had plunged into a ravine and was leaking fuel. They returned to the station at 2:07 p.m.
* At 6 p.m. Wednesday, crews were instructed to disregard en route to 446 Anderson Street for an alarm. They returned at 6:01 p.m.
* At 7:41 p.m. Wednesday, crews were dispatched to 210 Edglea Drive to investigate a malfunctioning electrical outlet. They returned to the station at 8:12 p.m.
Greencastle Police investigated two accidents recently and issued three traffic citations.
* Officer Chris Helmer cited John Wood, 53, Greencastle, for speeding 63 mph in a 30-mph zone on Round Barn Road at 3:56 p.m. Feb. 5.
* Reserve Officer Jason Chambers cited Margo Ross, 42, Reelsville, for no driver's license when required on Calbert Way at 1:50 p.m. Friday.
* Officer Jeff Modlin cited Pamela Quinn, 26, Thorntown, for driving while suspended on Bloomington Street at 1:38 a.m. Sunday.
* At 6:14 a.m. Tuesday, two vehicles collided on U.S. 231 near Ind. 240.
Officer Albert Epple reported that Tony Burdine, 27, Greencastle, was driving a 1993 Ford Escort northbound on U.S. 231 when the vehicle ahead of him starting sliding on ice. He braked and slid and his car was struck in the rear by a 1993 Ford Probe driven by Donald Wallen Sr., 48, Brazil.
Wallen said when he braked he slid into something, but he did not know what since there were about five vehicles sliding, so he continued to work without stopping to check for damage.
Damage was estimated at $1,000-$2,500.