Two tickets were issued recently by the Greencastle Police Department and one accident was reported.
* At 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Gregory Velligan, 47, Indianapolis, was cited on South Jackson Street for having an expired license plate. He was ticketed by Sgt. Chris Helmer.
* At 5 p.m. Sunday, Jesse D. Goins, 18, Greencastle, was cited on Veteran's Memorial Highway at Putnamville Street for driving 70 mph in a 40-mph zone. He was ticketed by Reserve Officer Nick Eastham.
Meanwhile, two cars collided at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Percy Julian Drive and Indianapolis Road.
Officer Jeff Modlin reported that Linda York, 67, Greencastle, driving a 2007 Dodge Compact, was on Percy Julian in the left lane, facing north. She said that as she turned left onto Indianapolis, she was hit by a 2002 Dodge Intrepid, driven by Kellie Yon, 42, Greencastle.
Yon said she was on Percy Julian traveling south and as she approached the intersection, she had the green light and continued straight. She said that while in the intersection, York turned left onto Indianapolis.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The following runs were handled recently by Greencastle firefighters:
* At 8:57 p.m. Saturday, crews were dispatched to 25 W. Franklin St. to investigate a wiring short-circuit. Utilities were cut to the building while the investigation was completed. They returned to the station at 9:38 p.m.
* At 9:39 p.m., crews were dispatched to 212 W. Franklin St. for what proved to be a false alarm. They returned to the station at 9:42 p.m.
* At 12:38 a.m. Sunday, crews were dispatched to the SAE house on 509 S. Locust St. to respond to an alarm and a small fire. The fire was contained to a piece of furniture and was extinguished. They returned to the station at 12:56 a.m.
* At 10:58 p.m., crews were dispatched to an alarm at 109 W. Hannah St. They returned to the station at 11:04 p.m.
* At 12:36 p.m. Monday, crews were dispatched to 1300 Bloomington St. Lot 71 to provide a lift assist. They returned to the station at 12:44 p.m.
* At 2:35 p.m., crews were dispatched to 3301 S. CR 150 West to assist Operation Life with a burn victim. They returned to the station at 2:52 p.m.
* At 2:42 p.m., crews were dispatched to 1300 Bloomington St. Lot 71 to provide a lift assist. They returned to the station at 2:45 p.m.