Several accidents occurred March 3.
* Officer Mike Downing reported that Rajai R. BimBo, 27, Greencastle, lost control of his 1999 Toyota Corolla due to weather conditions. He was eastbound on Ind. 240 at CR 450 East when he lost control of his vehicle that spun several times before hitting a mailbox on the south side of 240. The accident occurred at 5:54 p.m. Damage was estimated at $1,000-5,000.
* At 6:55 a.m. March 3, Mark S. Rossok, 50, Greencastle lost control of his car on Ind. 236 near Russellville and hit a guardrail.
Damage was estimated at $1,100-$5,000.
* At 5:15 p.m. Paul S. Messmer, 36, Brazil, was traveling northbound on Ind. 243 and was approaching a 90-degree corner. He failed to make the turn and proceeded across the southbound lane striking a sign and coming to a stop in the ditch.
* On March 1 at 5:55 p.m., Deputy Josh Boller reported Matthew L. Rogers, 19, Greencastle was traveling south on CR 600 East when a truck swerved into his lane. Rogers swerved to miss the truck and hit a parked vehicle at 5904 North CR 600 East.
Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Denny V. York, 19, Greencastle was booked in at 11:55 a.m. on March 3 on a reckless driving charge.
* Dereck Allen Burchett, 29, Greencastle was booked in at PCJ on March 3 at 1:50 p.m. on a contempt of court charge.
* Rodney Carl Molchin, 47, Reelsville was booked into PCJ at 6:59 p.m. on March 3 for violation of home detention.
* At 7:19 p.m. on March 3, Brittany Dodson, 27, Coatesville, was booked into PCJ on an out of county hold.
* On March 4 at 5:16 p.m., Jeremiah Laman Reed, 20, Cloverdale, was booked into PCJ on a petition to revoke probation.
* At 7:01 p.m. on March 4, Nathaniel Louis Eakins, 24, Indianapolis was booked in on a court order.
The Greencastle Police Department responded to several accidents recently.
* At 7:09 p.m., Feb. 26, Officer Jeff Modlin responded to a crash at East Washington and Percy Julian Drive.
Payton Pritchard, 17, Greencastle stated he rear-ended Andrea Minor, 31, Greencastle when he slid into her vehicle as he approached the four-way stop.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-5,000.
* On Feb. 28 at 1:45 p.m., Officer Darrel Bunten, assisted by Officer Christopher Helmer, responded to an accident on North Jackson and Frazier Streets.
Jared Jett, 24, Greencastle advised the officers that he was at the stop sign on Frazier Street, ready to turn onto Jackson Street, when Marjorie Peeler, 81, Greencastle signaled to turn before Frazier Street into the Putnam County Museum lot. Jett pulled out and collided with Peeler.
Damage is estimated from $2,500-5,000.
* At 2:44 a.m., Feb. 29, Officer Matthew Huffman responded to an accident in the parking lot at 333 Warren Drive.
John Hayden II, 22, Patricksburg, was attempting to turn left out of the parking lot and slid forward striking a chain link fence.
Damage is estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
* Also on Feb. 29 at 6 p.m., Officer Christopher Helmer responded to an accident at Bloomington and Apple Streets.
Chad Lee attempted to pass William Deaton, 40, Greencastle, who was making a wide turn onto Apple Street. Lee thought Deaton's vehicle was turning left and attempted to pass him, colliding with the passenger side rear fender.
Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
* On Feb. 29 at 1:35 p.m., Officers Darrel Bunten and Christopher Helmer responded to an accident at South Street and Zinc Mill Road.
Joshua Sarauer, 18, Greencastle, was driving east on South Street when the driver side brake shoe grabbed and pulled him into the oncoming lane of traffic on Zinc Mill Road and into a utility pole.
Damage is estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
* At 3:10 p.m. on Feb. 29, Officer Darrel Bunten responded to an accident at One Central Square.
Nancy McFarland, 81, Greencastle, hit the gas pedal instead of the brake as she was pulling into a parking space and sent her vehicle over the curb and sidewalk and up the stairs into the handrail.
Damage was estimated between $1000 and $2,200.
* On March 3 at 5:50 p.m., Officer Darrel Bunten responded to an accident in the parking lot at 801 E. Washington Street.
Farren Eubanks, 40, Calhoun, Ky., backed into Darlene Farmer, 49, Greencastle.
Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $5,000.
* At 4:54 p.m. on March 4, Officer Ed Wilson responded to an accident on Melrose Avenue.
Uriah Ortiz, 18, Greencastle, slid on ice and lost control of his vehicle, hitting a vehicle driven by Mary Ward, 54, Greencastle.
Damage is estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
Meanwhile, several tickets were also issued:
* At 4:44 p.m. on Feb. 25, Officer Darrel Bunten cited Mary Hasha, 50, Greencastle for disregarding a top sign and driving while with a suspended license.
* Also on Feb. 25, Sgt. Christopher Jones cited the following people:
* Michael Collett, 21 Cloverdale for a seatbelt violation at 2:15 p.m.
* Jesse Liddle, 29, Fillmore for a seatbelt violation.
* Christen Hubble, 38, Greencastle on E. Washington Street, at 3:40 p.m., for false/fictitious registration.
* Jeffery Ruff, 51, Greencastle, on North Vine Street, for driving while suspended.
* At 1 a.m. on Feb. 25, Sgt. Charles Inman Jr. cited Adam Doll, 22, Reelsville on Cameron and Linwood for Driving While Suspended.
* At 1 p.m. on Feb.28, Officer Christopher Helmer cited M. Shane Witt, 29, Cloverdale, on South Bloomington Street for speeding 54 in a 30-mph zone.
* On Feb. 29 at 11:16 a.m., Officer Bunten cited David Haulen, 41, Vincennes, on Veteran's Memorial Highway for driving while suspended.
* On March 1 at 6:30 p.m., Sgt. Christopher Jones ticketed David Sells Jr., 38, Greencastle, on Shadow-lawn Avenue, for speeding 40 in a 20-mph zone.
* At 1:30 p.m. on March 2, Reserve Officer Nicholas Eastham cited Donald Kean, 20, Greencastle, on Fillmore Road for speeding 60 in a 30-mph zone.
* At 9:55 p.m. on March 2, Sgt. Charles Inman Jr. cited Joshua Myers, 21 Greencastle, on North Jackson for false or fictitious registration and operating with no financial responsibility.
* On March 2 at 6:30 p.m., Sgt. Christopher Jones cited Anita Sears, 58, Brazil, for false or fictitious registration.