Putnam County Jail
One person was booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Cheryl Ann Hoover, 23, Greencastle, was booked on March 7 for public intoxication, resisting law enforcement, battery against law enforcement and disorderly conduct.
The Greencastle Police Department responded to two accidents recently.
* On March 5, at 8:49 p.m., Officer Matthew Huffman investigated an accident in the parking lot of 620 Tennessee Street. Derek Boyette, 20, Cloverdale, was struck by Tina Huff, 33, Bainbridge, as she attempted to turn westbound onto Ind. 240 from the Wal-Mart parking lot.
Damage was estimated between $2,500-5,000.
* At 8:55 p.m., on March 5, Ralf Robinson, 44, Greencastle, hit an unattended car registered to Keith Harvey, Greencastle. Officer Jeff Modlin responded to the call. Damage was estimated at less than $750.
Meanwhile, Greencastle Police issued several tickets recently.
* At 11:40 a.m. on March 5, Asst. Chief Brian Hopkins ticketed Roger Hinshaw, 35, Paragon, for disregarding a stop sign at Shadowlawn and Arlington Streets.
* On March 6, at 9:35 a.m., Officer Albert Epple ticketed Jason Busenbard, 28, Danville, for an expired registration on a trailer.
* At 2:59 p.m., on March 6, Officer Darrel Bunten ticketed William Johnson, 49, Terre Haute, on South Jackson Street for speeding 48 in a 30-mph zone.
* At 4:55 p.m., Reserve Nick Eastham ticketed Jason Chew, 28, Greencastle, on Fillmore Road for speeding 45 in a 30-mph zone.