Three accidents were reported recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* Ginger Vargas, 31, Coatesville, stated that at 3:04 a.m. Friday she was traveling south on CR 900 East when she became distracted by her cell phone. She veered right on the roadway and struck a bridge head-on. The vehicle sustained extensive front-end damage and was towed from the scene. Driver sustained minor injuries but refused medical treatment.
Damage estimate was between $2,500-$5000.
* Robert Stoddard, 78, Crawfordsville, stated that at 6:50 a.m. Saturday he was traveling south on U.S. 231 when a deer entered the roadway and he was unable to avoid the collision.
Damage estimate was between $1000-$2500.
* On Sunday at 12:30 p.m., a two-car crash occurred on CR 200 North. Anthony Hicks, 45, Greencastle, pulled out of his driveway when Zach Wood, 17, Fillmore, came over the hill at a high rate of speed and was unable to stop before hitting Hicks from behind. Wood stated he was traveling west on 200 North when he crested the hill and did not have time to avoid Hicks. Wood stated he was traveling around 55 miles per hour. Hicks reported his right leg and neck were sore, but he refused treatment.
Putnam County Jail
One person was booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Tarren Collins, 19, Greencastle, was booked at 2:40 a.m. Monday for possession of alcohol by a minor and public intoxication.
The Greencastle Police department issued the following tickets recently:
* On Thursday at 2:28 pm., Timothy Ebiing, 21, Center Pointe, was ticketed by Officer Ed Wilson at the corner of Washington and Jackson Streets for Driving While Suspended with a prior.
* On Friday at 11:15 a.m., Anthony Brown II, 16, Fillmore, was ticketed by Officer Ed Wislon on Washington Street for 48 in a 20 mph zone.
* On Friday at 12:45 p.m., Doris Critzman, 82, Fillmore, was ticketed by Officer Nicholas Eastham on Fillmore Road for 48 in a 30 mph zone.
* On Saturday, Sgt. Christopher Jones ticketed the following individuals for Seatbelt Violations:
* At 2:15 p.m., Ronald Deering II, 23, Poland was ticketed on South jackson Street.
* At 3:10 p.m., Robert Bruggeman, 56, Greencastle was ticketed on Martinsville Street.
* At 3:50 p.m., Steven Dearborn, 41, Freedom, was ticketed on North Jackson Street.
*At 6:20 p.m., Amanda Way, 17, Greencastle, was ticketed on South Jackson Street.
* On Monday at 12:40 a.m., Gabriel Yonkler, 20, Ossining, N.Y., was ticketed by Officer Nicholas Eastham on South Bloomington Street for 50 in a 30 mph zone.