Putnam County Jail
One person was booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Henry Tillberry, 24, Indianapolis, was booked at 10:58 a.m. Monday as part of a court order.
One accident was reported recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* Thad Smith, 26, Avon, was traveling westbound on Ind. 240 when two deer ran into the roadway. He slowed to avoid a collision but one of the deer ran into the left-front fender of his vehicle. Following the collision, Smith drove to the Putnam County Sheriff's Department to report the crash.
Damage estimates are under $1,000.
Two accidents were investigated recently by Greencastle Police Department.
* On April 4 at 10:58 a.m., Officer Albert Epple and Officer Darrel Bunten investigated an accident at U.S. Highway 231 and Green Street. Krystal Haywood, 23, Greenwood was northbound on Highway 231 behind Amie Boles, 39 Flat Rock when Boles slowed for a metal plate covering a hole in the roadway and was rear-ended by Haywood.
Damage was estimated between $1001-$2,500.
* At 4:50 p.m. on April 5, Officer Darrel Bunten, assisted by Sgt. Christopher Jones, investigated an accident on South Jackson Street and Beveridge Street. Caitlin Gannaway, 17, Greencastle was struck in her vehicle by Andrew Johnston, 20, Greencastle when he ran a stop sign. Johnston was cited for Failure to Yield Right of Way and not having a driver's license in his possession.
Damage was estimated between $2,501-$5,000.
Meanwhile, two tickets were issued recently by GPD.
* On April 4 at 7 p.m., Kate Burpo, 22, Martinsville was cited by Officer Darrel Bunten for speeding 55 in 40 mph zone.
* At 9:20 p.m. on April 4, Nathanial Fields, 17 Greencastle was cited by Sgt. Charles Inman Jr. on West Walnut Street for speeding 64 in a 45 mph zone.