The DePauw women's tennis team defeated Rose-Hulman in dominating fashion Tuesday night with an 8-0 victory.
All five singles matches came in straight sets, led by No. 1 singles Janelle Arita, who defeated the Engineers' Sam Danesis 6-2, 6-4.
No. 4 singles Kayla Smith and No. 6 Tricia Wilkes each dropped just one game, with each player winning 6-1, 6-0.
Kelly Buckley won and No. 2 singles and Kristie Lewry won at No. 5.
On the doubles side, the team of Erin Andrade and Smith defeated Danesis and Megan Chann 8-4.
The other two doubles teams were especially dominant, as each won 8-0. Lewry and Mackey defeated Maritza Gonzalez and Kristin Wilson at No. 2 and Arita and Buckley defeated Betsy Marschand and Katy Zawadski at No. 3.
Coach Scott Riggle was especially happy with the doubles teams, saying they started aggressively and did not let up.
Riggle was also pleased with the No. 1 singles and doubles as they took on some tough competition.
"I was impressed with No. 1 singles and doubles because Danesis is a good athlete," Riggle said.
The fifth-ranked Tigers (15-3) host Wheaton at 9 a.m. Saturday followed by Illinois Wesleyan at 2 p.m.
DePauw 8, Rose-Hulman 0
1. Arita (D) def. Danesis (RH) 6-2, 6-4.
2. Buckley (D) def. Chann (RH) 6-2, 6-1.
3. Mackie (D) def. Zawadski (RH) 6-1, 6-1.
4. Smith (D) def. Grantz (RH) 6-1, 6-0.
5. Lewry (D) def. Marschand (RH) 6-2, 6-1.
6. Wilks (D) def. Gonzalez (RH) 6-1, 6-0.
1. Andrade/Smith (D) def. Danesis/Chann (RH) 8-4.
2. Lewry/Mackie (D) def. Gonzalez/Wilson (RH) 8-0.
3. Arita/Buckley (D) def. Marschand/ Zawadski (RH) 8-0.