A number of accidents were reported recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
* On April 13 at 1:50 p.m., Jay Morris, 44, Beachgrove, stated he was traveling eastbound on Ind. 42 near Cloverdale, when he approached a curve in the roadway. His vehicle slid into the westbound lane into the path of the on-coming Thomas Davidson, Cloverdale, 49. Davidson said he got over to the far right of the roadway before Morris hit him head-on.
Damage estimates were between $25,000 - $50,000.
Meanwhile, two accidents were caused by the same deer on April 9.
* At 9:20 p.m. Seth Amos, 19, Greencastle stated a deer ran into his path on U.S. 40 near U.S. 231. He was unable to avoid hitting the deer.
* From there, the deer got up from the median and struck a second vehicle driven by Thomas Webster, 61, Avon.
Both cars had a damage estimate of $2,500 - $5,000.
* On April 7 at 3:15 p.m., Jeremy Little, 20, Roachdale, advised he must have hit a bump on CR 1000 North causing his vehicle to leave the road. After leaving the roadway, Little's car slid down a ditch and over a fence before coming to a stop.
Damage estimated to Little's car at $1,000 - $2,500.
* On April 10 at 4:20 p.m., Greencastle Police Officer Chris Helmer, 23, Greencastle, was traveling south on Fillmore Road behind a 1991 Chevy Cavalier driven by Ashley Bumgardner, 17, Fillmore. Bumgardner attempted to enter the westbound lane of traffic to turn, so Helmer proceeded forward. At that time Bumgardner stopped abruptly due to an on-coming truck and was rear-ended by Helmer.
Damage estimates were under $750.