Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently:
* Charles Clements, 20, Indianapolis, was booked at 9:08 p.m. Monday as part of a petition to revoke probation.
* Amanda Owens, 26, Indianapolis, was booked at 9:46 p.m. Monday for check deception.
* Devin Willard, 20, Roachdale, was booked at 4:33 a.m. Tuesday for theft, possession of alcohol by a minor, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
* Heath Cloncs, 20, Greencastle, was booked at 8:03 a.m. Tuesday as part of a court ordered comittment.
* Stacy Taylor, 34, Greencastle, was booked at 3:07 p.m. Tuesday for domestic battery.
* Shem Rees, 32, Greencastle, was booked at 8:54 p.m. Wednesday as part of a court order.
* John Saucerman, 41, Quincy, was booked at 10:51 a.m. Wednesday for non-support of a child and contempt of court.
* Curtis Deem, 33, Reelsville, was booked at 1:29 p.m. Wednesday for violation of probation.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Department investigated four accidents recently:
* On April 29 at 11:39 p.m., Rodney Marlow, 19, Greencastle was west bound on C.R. 675 North and said there was a deer standing in the roadway. He swerved to miss the deer and hit a bridge head-on. The truck was totaled.
* On May 3 at 1:25 p.m., Mark Butler, 54, Plainfield, stated that James Appleby, 20, Roachdale attempted to turn left from the right land of US 40 East in Mt. Meridian and was unable to stop or avoid hitting Appleby.
Damage was estimated at under $750.
* On May 5 at 6:15 p.m., Josh Schermerhorn, 26, Cloverdale, was west bound on 1000 South near Reelsville, when a deer enetered into the road and he had no time to react.
Damage was estimated between $1,000 - $2,500.
* On May 6 at 7:30 a.m., Justin Sanders, 17, Reelsville, said as he entered the corner he hit some loose gravel and ruts in the road which caused his vehicle to slide sideways. When he went to correct it he ran off the road into the ditch.
Damage was estimated between $750 - $1,000.