Here are the results of the BannerGraphic's latest poll question: Who do you think is to blame for the high gasoline prices?
1.) The oil companies: 26.8 percent (138 votes)
2.) The Bush Administration: 21.2 percent (109 votes)
3.) The Governor's Administration: 0.8 percent (4 votes)
4.) The local gas stations: 0.6 percent (3 votes)
5.) The War in Iraq: 1.8 percent (9 votes)
6.) A combination of the above: 36.8 percent (189 votes)
7.) Other: 12.1 percent (62 votes)
Here are some of your comments:
* Government interference at all levels of the market, and an ignorant media feeding an ignorant populace.
* The economy and supply and demand.
* Stockholders wanting more money in addition to the oil companies
* The global oil market is to blame for as high as it is now
* commander and chief
* You gotta be kiddin' What about the Congress that ran on bringing oil prices down last time?
* Uh. a Little biased are we? New option. Congress.
* We are responsible for the prices. If we all didn't think we had to have gas sucking SUV's and 3/4 ton pick ups, maybe the demand wouldn't be so high.