Putnam County Jail
Five people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Charles McVay, 25, Terre Haute, was booked at 4 p.m. Wednesday for theft.
* Shannon Hawthorne, 44, Clearfield, Penn., was booked at 2:48 a.m. Thursday for non-support of a child.
* Bradley Moy, 36, Quincy, was booked at 12:04 p.m. for failure to appear and a court ordered commitment.
* Jeffrey Winfrey, 50, Linden, was booked at 12:28 p.m. for failure to appear.
*?Michael Pelz, 45, Cloverdale, was booked at 12:33 p.m. for operating a vehicle as a habitual traffic offender.
One accident was reported recently at the Putnam County Jail.
* On May 22 at 6:20 a.m., Kimmy Campbell, 31, Greencastle, was on C.R. 175 North near Fillmore when a deer ran in front of her and she was unable to avoid hitting it.
Damage was estimated between $1,000 - $2,500.